DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nbc press release on the move.https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html?fbclid=IwAR36Vcn-LII7R5B22gWl9QCig5sNSX7I8xjMTQzD29wPv3YPfZXVZloB7NI#/brand/a1

“This programming shift benefits both Peacock and NBC and is reflective of our broader strategy to utilize our portfolio to maximize reach and strengthen engagement with viewers,” said Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “With a large percentage of the ‘Days of Our Lives’ audience already watching digitally, this move enables us to build the show’s loyal fanbase on streaming while simultaneously bolstering the network daytime offering with an urgent, live programming opportunity for partners and consumers.” 

NBC owned stations will announce their specific daytime schedule soon.

ABOUT “DAYS OF OUR LIVES” 
“Days of Our Lives,” a consistent favorite among fans and critics alike, aired it’s 14,000th episode in 2020 and remains NBC’s longest-running series. The show has garnered 58 Emmy Awards, including most recently 2018’s Outstanding Daytime Drama, and 372 nominations, as well as multiple People’s Choice Awards, GLAAD Media Awards, and Prism Awards. The show’s success stems from its consistent commitment to excellence in writing and storytelling – supported by a diverse ensemble of performers – and an uncanny knack for anticipating viewer interests. With its mix of classic genre traditions and groundbreaking narratives reflecting modern life, “Days of Our Lives” remains a perennial favorite among viewers of all ages."

• Members

Not shocked.

I could eventually see DAYS being August/September-May straight through and then a break with a Beyond Salem tie-in for the summer.

Culliton works for me

Yep, several dead weight characters. Time for a bit of a shake-up

• Members

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly...zYTQwYWNj?ep=14

Robert Scott Wilson interview discussing his new  character Alex.

at the end of the interview when he was asked about the move to Peacock. Doesn't sound worried at all. Basically said it happened earlier than they thought, but thinks moving to streaming demonstrates belief in the show. He said they got new cameras so the show will look better.

• Members

Liar! That's why no one is saying anything? Scott McKinsey sounded worried.

And the cameras are probably from...

Please register in order to view this content

Remember we won't see any difference in picture until February of next year because Days tapes so far ahead. 

They may get better picture quality but what good is it if the stories still stink and we have actors like Robert Scott Wilson stinking up the show.

• Members

I'm dubious that any actors from the show are in the loop. Unless production is already slated to stop at a certain point, I doubt any of the actors know what the future holds. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Days move is because they plan to drop the axe and try to push viewers to Beyond Salem and keep that going, and maybe try to drop some classics from the past as well. They could drop a years worth then expire those after several months and drop another years worth, if they can sort that rights and things out. This way they are keeping old school fans happy and Beyond Salem and annual Christmas movies being the consolation for current viewers of Days if it does get cancelled. 

• Webmaster

Let’s not forget that all cameras used on DAYS are Sony cameras so new cameras doesn’t mean much. Without hearing the full interview (at last check, the link was dead), we don’t know when new cameras were ordered, who ordered them or how long they’d been in use.