DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Webmaster

All 14,000 episodes will not be available on Peacock when it moves to the platform exclusively next month. I don't care how WSJ or FOX News wrote their article, that's not what NBC said in their PR and that's not what they are saying behind the scenes right now.

According to NBC, "For the first time ever, all new episodes of the 58-time Emmy Award-winning drama will debut on Peacock daily with the show’s robust library already available to stream for Peacock Premium subscribers." They go on to say, "The historic move to Peacock creates the ultimate destination for daytime fans to access the library, new episodes and Peacock Original 'Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem' in one place."

This means fans will have access to the library of episodes already on the platform, all new episodes released by Peacock starting September 12, plus the two seasons of "Beyond Salem" as long as they are a premium subscriber to the service.

Deals are still being made and discussed behind the scenes, and news will be released very soon to clarify things, but I'm told as of right now nothing is changing right now except the show will no longer be available on NBC or NBC On Demand for those viewers who watched it that way. I'll have more on this later today.

Also, regarding 14,000 episodes:

It's mentioned in the "About Days of our Lives" section of the PR. Some interns writing for FOX/WSJ decided to misinterpret that to mean that 14,000 episodes of the show are currently available on Peacock. Not the case at all, obviously.

ABOUT “DAYS OF OUR LIVES”

“Days of Our Lives,” a consistent favorite among fans and critics alike, aired it’s 14,000th episode in 2020 and remains NBC’s longest-running series. The show has garnered 58 Emmy Awards, including most recently 2018’s Outstanding Daytime Drama, and 372 nominations, as well as multiple People’s Choice Awards, GLAAD Media Awards, and Prism Awards. The show’s success stems from its consistent commitment to excellence in writing and storytelling – supported by a diverse ensemble of performers – and an uncanny knack for anticipating viewer interests. With its mix of classic genre traditions and groundbreaking narratives reflecting modern life, “Days of Our Lives” remains a perennial favorite among viewers of all ages. “Days of Our Lives” is produced by Corday Productions Inc. in association with Sony Pictures Television. Ken Corday is executive producer with co-executive producer Albert Alarr. Ron Carlivati is the head writer.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I understand those saying DAYS might go to 3 times a week when this contract expires.

My question is how they hold onto actors if they do that? How can cast members earn a living with a 3 times a week show?  Honestly, the way Ron cycles actors in and out now, it’s amazing they keep coming back.

• Members

Maya Frangié was the DAYS publicist 2018-2021. Maya is now the Peacock publicist.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayafrangie/

Lia Maiuri was announced as the new DAYS publicist in January 2022.
https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2022/01/lia-maiuri-corday-productions-director-of-communications-publicity-days-of-our-lives

Not sure what specifically either of them is doing regarding the DAYS transition news.

All I can see is the official press release on the NBCUniversal Media Village website:
https://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/interactive/2929fed4187b40648b79a9839e70e91fproduct169208/index.html#/show/841e7af7-d958-474c-8e21-c8047418274f/press-releases/0c7e043f-07b1-4f7a-998b-85b08acd1f0a

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The only one that made a statement was Scott McKinsey.

Yeah, after they are done with the six months I'm sure cuts will be made. They'll have six months to do something different. I say say do Beyond Salem style two week stories that end and bring in different characters and do a different story.

• Webmaster

Maya oversees Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem for Peacock.

Lia oversees Days of our Lives for Corday Productions.

Without saying too much, I will just reiterate that there are other people involved in this situation that weren't before. That doesn't mean the current team isn't involved at all though.