DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No to both.  Higley had like six boring runs.  Jamey is at least a passionate fan, and he loved Another World so I have to give that to him.  Loved his podcast, they had some good insight and often his ideas were more exciting and history based than what was on the screen.

Is Richard Culliton still alive? I would pair him with a newer writer. A fresh perspective.  Maybe Culliton and Giddens or Culliton and some other promoted writer.

Sorry but stodgy 60s melodrama is not going to win fans over, you need flash and excitement.  That's what made 80s and 90s soaps so memorable and infectious. 

Edited by Spoon

• Members

That’s a big Hell No to Jamey Giddens. You guys don’t want Ron and he’s literally Ron on steroids.

My dream would be to get Christopher Whitesell back as head writer. If you can make Higley look good, then you got talent

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Would their episode counts be much different? RIght now the #1 actor for the year has 60 episodes out of 134 that have aired. 

As for the headwriter situation, I would be fine with giving Giddeons and Quan a go. I still don't understand how Jamey gets so much blame when Ron is the Headwriter and is doing the exact same things he did at GH and OLTL. He's not in a position to create the problems the show currently has. I base being okay with him as headwriter on Ambitions, which *was* good. It was a traditional soap, but modernized and all of the stories worked. I do think the show had some casting issues (Robin Givens being the worst), but the writing was good. I remember Susan Dansby tweeting certain story developments came from her, so I wouldn't mind him bringing her with him. The team of Jamey, Michele Val Jean and Susan Dansby was very strong on Ambitions. People hate him so they'll say anything, but those two ladies also had EP credit and were a key part of developing that series as well and their credentials are strong.

• Members

I have a hard time thinking Ron would go silent on this unless he either didn't know, is getting canned bc he's too expensive, or both. The last time I remember him going dark was when GH cut him loose.

Edited by Vee