DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree in the sense that news overload is killing daytime television. Stations these days have news from 3-7:30pm!

HOWEVER I support this move because prime time has been struggling for about the last decade. Broadcast networks must fill three hours of prime time Sun-Thu compared to cable and streaming who can just put something out when they have something good (even though they too have a fair share of s***ty shows).

I say give the affiliates 10 PM for news and either move the late night talk shows up to 10:35 or 11 PM Eastern. To avoid this being another "Jay Leno Show" 2010 situation, ABC and CBS might have follow suit -- and they should -- because primetime television is dying. 

• Members

Where are the promos that Days is moving to Peacock soon? This has been handled so poorly which will not be good for Days in the long run! From the timing of the announcement, about a month before the big move, to radio silence at first and now no promotion. This will be the end of Days. How are regular NBC network viewers going to know about the move?

• Members

Oh god, Donna's at it again. NBC should let their viewers know where to find Days after it leaves the network. NBC needs to let the viewers know that Days will move to Peacock on Sept 12. Screencapping Peacock isn't going to alert the NBC viewers who have no idea what Peacock is or how to find it. 

• Members

According to TV passport WNBC will be showing Dateline (syndicated daytime version) to make up for Ellen and DAYS' departures.

Dateline in daytime on an NBC station rather than the CW, My Network Tv or a small market Fox station. That's how you know local stations are running out of programming options.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ironlion