GENERAL HOSPITAL June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Monday's episode of GH was nice, like a comforting quilt stitched with familiar faces.  Love how vital Laura & Martin-Tad, Kevin, Felicia & Mac, Kevin, Taggert, Anna, Alexis, etc. remain.  The Esme-Cassadine story is definitely the most compelling.  So glad they cast Victor with Charles Shaughnessy and brought back the Ryan Chamberlain character.

• Members

6-8

Okay, where did Spencer/Esme/Nik/Ava go? That story has vanished just to deal with Josh Kelly's character's appearance. Any early predictions on who he is? I was thinking another Holt, making him another Q.

That said...I did not see Dex working for Michael coming? Not sure how that is going to work out. If this was back when Michael disowned Sonny and took the Q name after AJ's death, I could see it. I don't know where it will go, but I hope it is messy.

Yeah, I do feel like the Trina trial is treading water. 

I love how Laura is part of Liz's storyline given her own history with mental illnesses. 

Sorry though...the show seems like it is back in setup mode with no momentum. Le sigh. 

• Members

Do you know what drives me crazy?  If Carly was institutionalized, we would be seeing every stupid moment.  But Liz is there and it’s such a non-story currently.  Spread the wealth GH.

Also- I wish someone would dig out any other flashbacks than that scene with Bobbie and a Laura.  There has to be other scenes that survived showing them at odds back then.  Same with her wedding to Scotty.

Laura’s rebuttal was so generic.  They mentioned a soup kitchen for Christ’s sake. There is actual history that could be used but never is.

I hope so.  I would think they wanted to include her in this episode if they could.

• Members

The 15,000th episode was sweet.  Love that Laura is now the well-earned beating heart of General Hospital.  I'm not sure how she ended up with Kevin (last I saw him, he and Lucy were together on Port Charles 20 years ago before that show went crazy with the supernatural telenovela format- LOL), but it's a perfect pairing for this stage of her & his life.

I thought the Scott & Laura flashback was so sweet.  The actor playing Scott was so gorgeous in the '80s-- I can't believe Laura & the show's '80s audience would be rooting for Luke with his perm-fro and unconventional looks (not to mention a creepy rapist character) over Scott.  WTF?

The scene at the beauty parlor with Scott walking in to find 3 of his ex's plus Leisl was hilarious.  All 6 female characters at the beauty parlor are in solid pairings and they're all, coincidentally, in their 60s.  That's so rare on TV!

Please register in order to view this content

It was an ok episode. I loved the two classic flashbacks. The episode has an awkward feel to it. Or maybe it was just me. Normally we don't see this sense of community. So, seeing it in this episode felt fake. As did the annual soft ball game. Nonetheless it's always great to see the spotlight on Laura. Laura has a very sanitized view of Port Charles. When the part about rampant crime was mentioned, when the show started with her kissing up to Sonny.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton