GENERAL HOSPITAL June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These people spend all their time at the pool or at the club. It’s absurd.

Britt is AT THE CLUB complaining about needing sleep after being frunk the night before. GMAB.

I know GH has been praised for their sets lately, but those outdoor campground sets are awful. Who puts up a tent right smack up against the edge of the woods? None of it looked real.

And oh, that pool deck? Shouldn’t it be concrete? Instead it sounds like they’re walking on sheets of plywood.

• Members

Agreed.  If I wanted to watch an After School Special I'd look for one on youtube.

I will say that I have forgotten how engaging Dominic Zamprogna can be.  Telling the Bensonhurst and camp stories he had a twinkle in his eye I haven't seen in a while.  KeMo's incessant smiling creeped me out, she's usually got the "resting bored face"

Rbf GIFs | Tenor

They need to start utilizing Hudson West before he moves on to better things, which I truly believe he will.

• Members

I'll eat my hat if they sign him to a contract in time. I assume they'll just recast with a conventional and slightly older hunk, which is dumb because West has been one of the most talented recent (or relatively recent) additions in the cast for years running, even when he was a tyke. And if I'm saying that about a recurring kid consider how barren the field has been for almost ten years. He's not the equal of a JJ or Kimberly McCullough at that age yet, but he's pretty strong and can hold his own as a junior to Chavez, TA and Lipton (or Avery Pohl) not unlike how Amber Tamblyn did or Kimberly did when they were the juniors to the older teens. He can do that kind of story, and I'm betting a lot more.

Dominic has been wasted since Frank and Ron took over and it's a sin. There was a time that somehow doesn't seem so long ago when he was one of the new central leads of the show, but Frank and Ron (and the subsequent writers since Ron) didn't and don't know how to write for complex male leads and aren't interested. They write for dumb hunks and men who are scheming villains or plot movers. Leading men, male heroic characters, are not relevant if they're not Sonny or Jason. Watching DZ go from the most vibrant and layered stars on the show to carrying water for dumb scheme after dumb scheme for years running has been truly draining.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am also shocked at how the show wastes DZ.  There was definitely a point about a decade ago where his airtime was overkill, but now he gets nothing.  Dante was one of the best characters introduced in the 2000's and he just sits around with Sam these days.  It's truly perplexing.

• Members

I thought he was ok at ONE LIFE, my all-time fave soap, but I don't get the point of hiring him either, especially with so many that GH is ignoring like Leslie Charleson(Monica), Tristan Rogers(Robert), Lexi Ainswoth(Kristina, who sounds like may be ex-Kristina now per her recent appearance on Maurice Benard's show), and the now non existant Lucas (who as the brother of the leading woman on GH, Carly, should be a contract player with big storyline).

• Members

What a great opening scene 

Please register in order to view this content

Shouldn't Chase's suspension have ended last month 

Linc just needs to go away. He has no purpose on this show, and there's got to be a better way to create conflict for Chalynn. And btw, Britt is amazing lol

And, I love Rory's nickname on Twitter 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I really thought Scott was going to end up being Liz's stalker. I'm glad they didn't go in that direction.

I agree the love scene between Nik and Esme was funny, but it was also disturbing. I keep thinking how Tyler Christopher is nearly 50. It didn't look as bad optically with new Nik, but we basically have a much older character screwing his son's mentally disturbed and coerced (by Ryan) teen GF.   It's legal, but still gross. I can't wait for Laura to find out. No doubt Esme will be carrying the next Cassidine. Laura and Ava are going to make Nik's life hell and I am here for it.

I don't mind that Terry "lost" Chet. I love that they are writing her as not the least bit desperate. They barely knew each other, so onward. I just hope there is an onward.

I agree they need to recast Lucas ASAP.  It's time to bring either Lucky or LuLu back as well.

Edited by Juliajms