GENERAL HOSPITAL June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ah okay, I didn't see the sex montage. Sounds lame.

And yeah he's dull and Nik is coming across as stupid because Esme is very manipulative but not actually a very good liar. It would play better if he just WANTED to eff her and not because he feels sorry for the little psychopath.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Totally. Just in general I feel like GH goes through the motions with stories. The only energy this show has is solely from the actors and when someone isn’t pulling their weight (like Marcus Coloma), it really shows. I just don’t think the writers know who Nikolas is. They are all over the place with him. MC can’t really find his way and has been propped by the excellent actors around him (Maura, Nicholas Chavez, and Genie).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Nikolas has been made into an idiot, it's absolutely true. With Tyler in the role (and Coloma is capable of some of this though he's not as good an actor) he would play it partly the way it really is: Dirty, horny, and appealing to Nik's baser instincts, which he does have. The show is just playing Nikolas very stupidly, when Coloma first came on as Nikolas running a scheme.

As we've said for years, almost no one on American soaps today [!@#$%^&*] or has an affair because they want to. There is always some idiot reason or trickery to try and absolve them to what is viewed by the network or shows as solely a puritanical, aging reactive audience. The last time I can remember it happening on GH, other than the Michael/Willow affair I don't care about - and which they've been sanctified for - and I guess Sonny and Carly fúcking behind Franco's back, is with Nikolas himself, and Elizabeth, which trashed the characters in the late 2000s because it was intended to.

Edited by Vee

• Errol featured this topic

Josh looks great. Today's episode was horrible. The meet cute with Britt and Cody felt flat to me. Makes me sad seeing Phyllis popping up only to prop up a grimy Sonny. Nik and his lame bat lie. Don't know who's more insufferable Britt, Temp Michael or Willow.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

No, that's the dumbest tool in the book and is used constantly to excuse people sleeping around on soaps today. For the last 20+ years daytime soaps have increasingly shied away from making 'good' characters have affairs just because they want to fúck someone.

• Members

Right!!? If they were to have Nic do something this stupid and gross it should have taken a lot longer. There needed to be more motivation. I know Laura was talking about how Nic can be selfish a few weeks ago, but come ON!!

On other fronts, I don't hate Sonny (can't believe I wrote that). I've always hated him, but both he and Carly are better apart. I actually like him with Nina. The show doesn't seem quite as misogynistic as it used to be, so that helps. Although I nearly hurled when Carly was bragging to Ava about surviving all Sonny's flavors of the week. Gross! Just stop making that character demean herself. LW deserves better.

I also like the friendship groups the show has. It's nice to see all of these characters interact instead of being stuck in just their romantic pairing. I really like Brit/Maxie/Lisel/Nina as a friend group. Joss/Trina/Cam are ok too. Spencer can lick rocks after the way he talked to Brit.

• Members

And don't forget the nurses in that friend group list.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, I enjoy seeing plot form, take a turn, and even merge with another plot and forming an umbrella, but even I wanted a little more time before that...it felt too soon and like he was just wanting to because Ava was not sexing him and Esme wasn't getting any from Spencer either. And while he believes Spencer is into Esme or not, it just does not seem like something that Nik would do. At least not this quickly. A shame because at least I've enjoyed Esme pulling the wool over his eyes so far. And it could have been a fun cat and mouse if Nik was trying to get the goods on her at parallel to Spencer doing the same. But they just wrote him stupid...only doubting Esme's intentions ONCE. 

I like Sonny and Nina. And while they have had erbs and flows, at least it was slowly built up enough to make sense. 

And speaking of Ava...

OH?

Well if she's going to be running around like 90s Sami Brady...lol.

• Members

Yes! I haven’t been able to watch as much as I’ve wanted to in recent times (especially since my fave YT channel with updates got pulled), but I’ve said for ages that they needed to explore the Obrecht/West family dynamics more (particularly Britt and Nina being first cousins, with Liesl as the surviving Orbrecht/West sibling and “matriarch”), and it sounds like they’re finally doing that. It also gives Nina another reason to be in Port Charles apart from the Carly/Sonny stuff.

• Members

I always love it when soaps do friendships & scream the loudest when they throw those friendships over for some man, etc. It was one of my favorite things about AW & it is righteous now on GH. I still do not get how Ava & Nina can be friends but I guess I have to trust Ava to know what she's doing.