GENERAL HOSPITAL June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha you’re welcome!

For me, it wasn’t the age difference that made it so creepy, it was the fact that Nik and Esme are so damaged and unlikeable right now. It was almost like watching two mentally ill people take advantage of each other.

I do appreciate how messy this is going to get though

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I got a feeling Esme is going to wind up pregnant because they made it a point of her saying she and Spencer hadn't had sex in a while. Besides I got a feeling she is probably going to miscarry and somehow blame Ava for it to cause even more drama. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

GH is really tone deaf when it comes to directing/playing things out on screen. The way they played those scenes between Esme and Nik was either like the audience had been waiting/rooting for this, or it was just "sexy summer hijinks" (complete with some odd background music) when in reality it should be much more serious than that. 

• Members

I also agree with this. Avery Pohl never seemed more like a junior high student than when she was romping with this middle-aged man. And that’s fine if they wanted to lean into the creepy factor (GH doesn’t have the balls to do that), but they tried to play it as this highly dated, MTV-style frenetic rush of a sex scene. It’s like they don’t actually watch their own show and see how things are playing.

• Members

I wonder if this is why soaps have gotten tamer over the years. The reactions here remind me of the comments on Facebook or Youtube. It's like the soap viewers left don't want characters to do ANYTHING untoward or tantalizing.

• Members

The sex montage was just such ‘90s cheese, like two horny high schoolers finally hooking in a teen movie. Just a weird tonal choice for their first fûck.

For me the whole story is lame, outside of the obvious innuendo of a dad bedding his son’s girlfriend. I think they pulled their punches with Nikolas. He’s just been a total dumbass throughout this story, a brainless himbo being manipulated by a young vixen, instead of someone taking a clearer, more intentional role in this situation. Part of it is MC sucks in the role. He’s just not good. His choices are so flat.