Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But when EYEEEE told certain folks on this board that Abby was not a lead, has no character beyond 'stupid' and will never be worthy of frontburner story or taken seriously, some of y'all wanted to throw me in the lake and see if I float!

• Members

I didn't have high expectations but Y&R has actually been worse since Susan Dansby joined as story consultant.  Sharon's cancer story was wrapped up to be replaced by Chelsea's brain tumor story.  Who thought Lily/Billy would be interesting?  Do you care that Abby has too much scar tissue?  I'm longing for Lynn Latham's reliquary!

• Members

Thanks to bad writing over the years we will never know the full potential of Abby Newman. The bad thing is out of the three adult Abby’s we’ve had Ordway is still the best. Both Erin and Rylan(who I loved on GL) just were absolutely dreadful, and no else competent had been cast. It’s a shame Boaz wasn’t permanently replaced by Gaston. 

Ordway’s best work remains when she was handling the demented young Max. Maybe if Ordway had been given more challenges like that she grow as an actress more.

Again another case of a Y&R outsider failing to understand the show. I have a lot of respect for Dansby but her previous work on both ATWT and Y&R was only enough to

be considered adequate. Not a miracle like some had hoped but better than Dansby’s own past; we should at least consider ourselves thankful Nate & Elena was consensual and we didn’t get a Doc Reese type character on Y&R as well.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Well I wouldn’t blame Dansby because as Story Consultant she can only make suggestions. They don’t *have* to listen to her unless she’s shaping the show to take over as HW, which now I’m doubting will happen. 

@soapfan770 At the time I didn’t like the previous Abby’s, but I think they’d be better now that they’ve had time to grow as actors. 

• Members

The idea of Abby not being able to get pregnant is a viable story but for it to happen weeks after she is married and then become an obsession is off putting.

Chance and Abby were married too quickly and have no obstacles to face.

Maybe if they had to be married off so soon, there needed to be some story about adjusting to each other's schedules - Abby facing up to the inherent danger of his work. maybe Victor buts in and offers Chance  a job and that causes conflict.Perhaps a business story for Abby where Chance disagrees with her choices etc. Kind of happy but dealing with these issues. Then the pregnancy issue could be gradually woven in.

• Members

I like MO and her Abby too. However, I don't see her as a lead character and I'm amazed at how she's given story after story and pairing after pairing while Loren Lott is gone without one story or pairing.  That's my main problem with MO being on the show. Nothing to do with her but how the show operates 

• Members

Yeah the super fast marriage and Insta obsession with having a child are really making the story hard to swallow or care about honestly.

I will never understand how the show had NOTHING for someone as talented and beautiful as Loren Lott.

• Members

Agreed.

Honestly, tptb could have put her character within striking distance of any character in/near her age group that she was not related to and it would've worked. The actress is bubbly, charming, beautiful and talented. There were so many possibilities if only TIIC would have made a serious attempt.

I thought it was stupid that they let Lamon Archey go, the situation with Lott is even worse.