Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The crossover doesn’t make any sense because the stakes just aren’t there. Bummer whining “Sally is after my job!” just doesn’t cut it. There’s really nothing of consequence here and no drama whatsoever. Shoot there’s not even anything to gain if Bummer learns more about Sally. Exposure of Sally just feels really weak.

It would be something Sally had been in town for six months, built up her image, made friends with someone like both Mariah & Lola, made the moves on either Kyle and/or Jack with Theo still in town plotting with her as Sally systematically sabotaged Summer’s career but the show is too dumb to even tell a small arc like that.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Sitting through last week...and...

I'm not looking forward to seeing DB Chance. I want my Justin Gaston back.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm not liking this Adam storyling, but darn it if Grossman isn't saving it regardless.

Nothing is really hoping my interest. I am loving the Faith storyline. 

I wish they would use Sally better. So much potential there. I like that she has wormed her way into Jack's good graces. 

And same with Lauren/Jack. It's a shame they never went there. 

I have always been here for Icy Victoria....now if they could find someone to be her match in iciness male-wise. 

Happy I tuned in to see Victor/Nikki come back from their trip. I was watching that scene and went MTS has the bluest eyes. lol.

That's all I got. 

• Members

With all the revolving door romances, why has Phyllis/Jack never been revisited?

Jack had another fling with Nikki a couple of years back but Phyllis seems to be a no go, despite the fact that it is as viable as any other pairing.

Meanwhile Jack has nothing and Phyllis/Nick are getting another go round.

Is it a case of either MS or PB against the pairing for some reason?

• Members

No evidence for this on my part but I get the feeling MS doesn't want to be paired with PB as he is 67 and she wants to present as eternally 40 and way too hot to be paired with an old dude.

Anyway, here's what she says about Peter in the latest SOD

Favorite Thing About Working With Peter Bergman? “He’s so kind and good and he really cares about you in a scene. He’s so givingand just wants to honor the history of the characters. I respect Peter tremendously and how he lives his life. He’s a team player because to him, it’s all about the story. Also,if I have some issue at work, I can always call  Peter and be like, ‘Is this my imagination ...?’ And he’ll say, ‘No, you’re right,’ or ‘That’s not right.’ ”

• Members

I am sick to death of the ever horny Phick. 
Perhaps her messing with Victoria will put an end to them at least for a year or so. Viewers deserve a break.

People looking shocked at a perfectly healthy looking Chelsea. 

I like Amanda’s mom and her daughter. I hope they stick around for a bit.