Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am scared to even watch because I am sick of getting invested in anything good and then them ripping it away. They are so scared to rock the boat on this show. I miss Ana, Fen, Mia and Hilary. I am sure a few others but can't think of them off the top of my head. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the EXACT point I made when news of their casting was announced, and for the same reason. And this was with the knowledge that they are recurring. 

I guess the real test will be if one or both of them are put on contract.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

I’m just wondering when Mariah will become the matron of a boarding house. It’s a total waste of CG. It’s funny how Mariah went from being featured ad nauseum under Mal, almost as if she were the heart of the show, to a mere talk-to.

Wasn’t she supposed to be a marketing exec working for Kyle?

• Members

I agree. Just like it was Devon/Elena/Nate a month ago that got things moving.

I hope not. I feel like there is a reason while they had Lily/Nate discuss him attempting to do a vlog (is that what it's called?) and then they had a scene with Devon running into Elena at Crimson Light. I mean there is room for all of them AND a potential troublemaker in Imani. But yeah, like you, I cannot help but also think the same way. Re: quota.

OMG!!! Yes! Kim and Laura used to have some great scenes for sure.

Fingers crossed for slow intro.

THIS.

• Members

God forbid they do anything with her sexuality--  finding a third for a threesome, slip and fall on a "d" (accidents happen), or be shown owning her career.    Let's face it, Cait Fairbanks has always been an albatross around her neck since the characters got together.  At least the blonde bartender mussed up her hair.....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The Australian soap Neighbours is in the midst of a story where the men in a same-sex marriage are in the early stages of a pregnancy via a surrogate. 

The thing is the young woman who is carrying their child is a relative newcomer and trouble. And I fully anticipate she will fall for the child and cause them no end of grief for the couple if she carries to term and gives birth. I don’t think she will simply hand it over and let them be the primary carers as currently agreed.

So if these Mariah anvils land where it is thought they will, it has the potential to be an interesting and complex storyline if told compellingly..... I repeat, if told compellingly.

Edited by LondonScribe