Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The young adults on Degrassi got up to more mischief than Faith is doing right now if I'm honest. I hope plans for Moses come to fruition.

I would also SORAS Johnny and make him the "Phillip Spaulding" of the Newman and Abbott families. And have Connor as the "spare" of the Newman's too. Also, bring back a rebellious yet sensitive Lucy who runs away to live with Grandma Phyllis due to Daniel and Heather having problems down in Savannah. They also could bring on a black or POC teen female on recurring who isn't related to anyone to mix it up with them. 

Newman and Jabot can still tell actual stories about cosmetics. It only takes a Google search and a imagination. But I wonder is it a mandate or is it JG and Co. disinterested in telling stories of the actual corporate world? 

And not presenting basic ideas on a PowerPoint Presentation. Then again why does Newman only have one employee? Instead of Abby's fertility being the main storyline. It should've been her going back to Newman when it comes out about what Gloria has on that thumb drive. She and Victoria can clash over business and it will also get Chance and she conflict about her spending all of her time at the office. Instead of with him. 

Amanda's backstory hopefully will be explored more with perhaps Naya deciding to bond with her. As Imani gets jealous of her mother bonding with her. Perhaps we find out Naya husband is running for some big political office role. And another reason why she doesn't want Amanda to appear with her in public causing more tension between them as they grow closer. 

• Members

Reading through the thread, nothing gets me to watch. I DVR it everyday but never have the desire to hit play. Sigh. Why is Griffith still here? Does no one else want the job? Ya'll miss Sally Sussman Morina yet? lol

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I primarily think it’s because the powers that be are content with the show just pottering along. Acceptance that the show (and genre) isn’t what it was, but the viewership isn’t totally in the toilet.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody wants the gig. Or at least anyone the studios would want.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Head Writers of the remaining soaps (Carlivati, O’Connor/Van Etten, even Bradley Bell) are the only people the studio would make a change for, if they left those shows and became available/interest.

And yes, I’ve missed Sally Sussman and Kay Alden’s writing ever since they left. Mal Young was a poor fit for the show and sadly, some of his production ticks have remained. And we know about how things are now.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

I agree that Sony is content with Josh Griffin at this point even if he tanked the ratings since his return. They will just ride with him until CBS pulls the plug probably because no one much better is available and there is no way they are allowing anyone from the Bill Bell writing tree to return at this point. 

• Members

Playing catch-up...on 1-12...and...

...saw Justin Gaston gone and saw DB Chance and just thought of the Tiffany 'New York' Pollard 'Not You' gif.

Just...ugh.

Loving how this Amanda story has legs. Not looking forward to the abrupt pacing change this board has warned me about. lol.

@KMan101 I stay missing SSM. Her and Kay brought me back to regular viewing. And I'm happy to see your comments over on the GH Thread. I will be getting around to comment eventually. Much missed.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I want Phyllis/Summer vs. Sally. Sally would sink her hooks into Jack for money and power (while schtupping Kyle on the side—shades of Jill/John/Jack), and Phyllis would realize she truly loves Jack instead of Nick (as Stafford truly only has chemistry with Peter Bergman).

• Members

Hopefully Tricia will be available for regular returns.

I'm wondering why Mariah, who is childless and in a relationship, would agree to carry another woman's child?

Wouldn't she and/or Tessa be thinking about a child of their own?

Maybe Chance should  have reservations about using Mariah - something to create some sort of conflict.

The stories are so boring at the moment. At least no serious damage is being done.