Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just don't understand.  From reading the spoilers and recaps if Wyatt and Flo show up in Genoa City and then Bill also...no matter what Summer thinks she dug up why wouldn't Sally just say, Oh yeah...listen to the jewel thief (Wyatt), and the Baby Switch Stealer (Flo), and Wyatt's mother kidnapped his brother and had sex with him for 6 months, and then there's Bill/Daddy whose henchman burned my building out and then blew it up with me and his own son in it.  ??????  You've got great character sources here.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And Wyatt Momma made a sword to stab his brother (Liam) to death and Wyatt had to save his brother from his crazy mother TWICE at least. Including the Adam/Eve thing.   I can't believe CBS has become so bottom of the barrel.  I'm so glad their ratings are reflecting it.  CBS lifelong fan.  Still makes me laugh when people post things like "bet they're glad Guiding Light and World Turns were cancelled"!  At this point I can't wait until Y&R and B&B are long gone.  I watch YouTube and talk shows and Netflix now.  It's clear CBS doesn't care now or they would have fired half their writing staff by now.  When ATWT and GL were cancelled I posted and people came back at me that CBS Daytime would be stronger than ever for getting rid of those shows.  So - CBS will be great without Y&R and B&B.  They both need to go with this garbage and neither have the acting crew that GL and ATWT had.  Not even close.  They can go now.    

• Members

I'm up to last Friday now and I would have to agree. Faith ties into so many people that one can't help but be into it. Shades of Cassie on top of that.

They seem like they are playing beats with the Amanda paternity right now and I like it. I don't know if it is the writing or is it just the fact MM is just that good that it is resonating. And bonus...it is drawing her closer organically to Devon. It hit me the other day that DUUUUH Devon is adopted so he is the perfect sounding board for her. Which the paternity is contrived...this part of it with the two of them...not at all. 

____

As for Summer and Kyle...I've said it before and I'll say it again...they should have kept him as the bad boy he was when he came back. He was perfect for that (though I'm liking his Qurauntine bod more than how his bod was then lol). Summer as a Phyllis Jr. was not back at all either, but that worked with GT Phyllis. Playing them as innocent and bland no longer work.

And it is too soon for a crossover either. If anything they should have built up to it more. I just feel they are scratching the surface of Sally being integrated into this show. She is still such a sore thumb sticking out.

• Members

I'm tired of seeing Camryn Grimes being the millennial version of Gina Roma, Aunt Liz from Another World and Ruby from General Hospital. It does feel like JG and Co. don't know what to do with her. Since Tessa is mostly off screen and they quickly wrapped up the cheating story she had with that blonde bartender. Why couldn't they bring the blonde bartender back and make her the one stalking Mariah all that time. Remember when that brick was thrown in Crimson Lights? And we never got any follow up. 

I hope we eventually get more legacy teens to surround Faith. Because that Jordan girl isn't doing much for me right now. She is no modern day Brittany Hodges or even modern day Paige from Degrassi. I wouldn't mind if they eventually SORAS Johnny, Connor, Lucy, and perhaps another Black or POC teen character who isn't related to anyone. 

And... 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Forever8

• Members

WELL CHOCOLATE GOODNESS!!!!

Someone could had warn me that Nate would be running around wet and in a towel!!! Sean Dominic has a nice bod.

Speaking of goodness...love this intro for Amanda's sister. She had fire to her. 

• Members

I think there is a favorable response to the Amanda story because 

a. Mishel is a strong actress as are the women cast as mother/sister

b. the story is fresh and not involving characters we've seen in a million different situations

c. the beats are being played and the pacing is right

Whether it continues in this vein remains to be seen...

• Members

Pure speculation on my part but does anyone think this particular story has the hand/guidance of Susan Dansby over it? She was previously very good when it came to writing authentically for the Winters and was usually given the episodes to write where they would feature somewhat prominently.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

DEFINITELY.

Yesterday I was watching it and doing other things. And I just was draw in already because Imani had fire. MM has been Amanda as so different from Hilary and very icy for the most. It has been so long since I've seen the Hilary fire that I know MM can play. So the moment when after being attacked by Imani, Amanda MATCHED her energy/fire with her own, making me think of Hilary who would not have taken ANY of that...ooooo, I stopped what I was doing and watched. 

The actresses have such great chemistry. And as a writer, I liked the writers were dropping little things in the dialogue. It was not much, the actress playing Imani ran with it. So she did a background check on Amanda. THIS has happened before. Hmmmm. And sounds like Imani has money, thus power and moreso can be DANGEROUS. I see potential and possibilities already beyond this intro story. And I liked.

I agree. ESPECIALLY with C.

I think that's part of the reason other than the great acting that it's been great so far. They are playing everything right down to Devon's history of being adopted. 

If so...she's already off to an excellent start.

• Members

Again, That Black Storyline (

MAB) is saving this show.

I’m curious if Elena’s (and potentially Nate’s) days are numbered with Imani potentially on the scene as an Amanda rival. It’s sad that we have to think that way, but again we’ve been trained by years of daytime “quotas.” 

I like that we have two fiery actresses playing sisters à la Kim Zimmer/Laura Wright.

BUT Leigh-Ann Rose isn’t on contract to my knowledge, and we know Josh Griffith often puts the brakes on promising stories right when they start to take off. We’ll have to see if this is a slow-paced introduction (which would be fantastic) or a road to nowhere.