Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

All the jokes in today’s show about ANOTHER person coming back to life were both entertaining yet annoying. It’s like RC knows he’s ridiculous with all these returns from the dead but just constantly does it because he DGAF

Edited by MichaelGL

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At least this return from the dead has been foreshadowed for several years, as the flashback to Dr. Rolf's Nashville warehouse of reanimated corpses took care to remind us. And I feel like Ron hasn't been quite as kill-happy as his predecessors, which should reduce the need for these "magic death-defying potion" plots in the future. Ciara has "died," but they never found a body. Adrienne died, but they can always do a kooky "Bonnie really died and Adrienne thinks she's Bonnie" plot if need be. And I guess Haley and Jordan both died under Ron's pen, but so what?

• Members

I always take it as the show just acknowledging it's ridiculous and there's no point in playing it out like it's the first time this has happened. I agree with you though; it's both entertaining yet slightly annoying. lol. But I get why they take the stance they do on it. Literally just about everyone on this show has come back from the dead so there's no surprise or shock left so they treat it like the joke it is. I don't know that I agree but I get it.

• Members

I mean, I would be more shocked if Salemites actually were surprised at this point. Days is the soap where everyone comes back from the dead, even if you've been decapitated, hit by a meteor and then had your remains eaten by hungry tigers. I'd think it would be easier to list characters that have stayed dead at this point. 

Please register in order to view this content

ETA: I just realised that Tamara Braun briefly played Taylor Walker in 2011 - how soon before Ron pulls another doppelganger storyline? 

Edited by te.

• Members

Ugh... you know we soap fans can put up with a lot of crap, but I hated how they rewrote it that Bonnie and Adrienne were lookalikes. There was never a mention of this when Bonnie was introduced in 2003, nor when Bonnie left/Adrienne returned within a month of each other in 2007.  

Boy, did it make Maggie look foolish when it was revealed Bonnie was posing as Adrienne and Maggie had no inkling beforehand. 

• Members

To me, the stupid part is casting a long-running Days actress in a totally different role in the first place. I know it's standard practice on Days (see also Josh Taylor as Chris/Roman and Kyle Lowder as Brady/Rex), but it's a dumb practice. 

• Members

It adds SO much to this J&J story.  Seeing Jenn at the Horton home wallowing gives it all so much more weight and poignance.  However, I'm confused about who lives there now.  That was Jennifer's house since shortly after Alice's death in 2010, and then Doug & Julie temporarily moved in to help Jenn through her recovery in 2016 (and then I guess never left?) . . . but on the Thanksgiving ep. it was played as Julie's house?!?  I thought Jenn being "the steward of their family home" (like Maggie called her one TomSell Christmas) has always been perfect.  To think of her living in Peter's father's house was SO wacked out.

Also, seeing Cady in the Horton set goes a long way in making her feel more like Jennifer.  So far, Cady's Jenn has been pretty stuck in the DiMansion bubble.