Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, I had no idea that Mike Manning was 33 (or that he was a former Real World cast member--at least he's a much better actor than Kyle Brandt). Just watched some old interviews with him, and somehow he now looks younger and cuter than he did when he was 22. 

• Members

Sarah was annoying again today. You know that she secretly wants a friendship like Ava/Kristen or Lani/Kristen with somebody.

Felt bad for Kayla today. Bringing Joey back added a great dynamic to the story, but it also causes her to be torn even more. Mary Beth is still killing it though.

Charlie did look hot with the glasses, but sadly it looks like everything we figured about him is true. Another character with potential squandered just for the plot and nothing more.

• Members

I love how they structured the big Charlie reveal today, dropping hints throughout the episode (including that little line about how he has a brother that he doesn't really know), then giving us that ominous music cue at the end when he shows up at Ava's door. 

Now that they're no longer filming 9 months ahead, they might still notice the positive viewer response to Mike Manning and give Charlie a "redemption" storyline at some point. I mean, it worked for Tripp. 

Edited by prefab1

• Members

I hoping for that too. He is a good actor. He's handsome and charismatic and I do see some chemistry with Claire, not a lot but some.

And besides, Claire is related to like everybody on the show. Charlie and Theo (hope he comes back) are her only options. I don't count step cousin Tripp, who also needs to be with someone that he's not related to.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I never looked up his age. I'm shocked he's a year younger than I am. I feel less creepy now too LOL. 

I thought they did a nice build up. Even though most of us were waiting for the Ava connection to be revealed. It definitely has to help they aren't 9 months ahead but I think they're about 3. But this is a problem I have. They introduce a new young man who's interesting and the audience likes him. So of course he's probably the creepy rapist. I'm a little worn out on 'redemption'. 

• Members

I'm just catching up on the Thanksgiving episodes, and I can't help but notice the foyer/entrance of the Horton house has shrunken. Decades ago, they took out the door between the front door and stair case that went to Tom Horton's office. But now they've taken out the door to the coat closet, and we just have the front door immediately next to the stair case. 

The scenes at Kayla's and Hope's were so awkward. Sets really do matter. Today's  episode confirms. What SON posters and soap twitter knew from the start. That Charlie was Allie's rapist.  Charlie has been on months. And had no idea that Allie had a child

I'm not a genetics expert. Brothers don't share the exact DNA. If Tripp and Charlie are fraternal twins. They wouldn't share the same DNA.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I guess it depends what kind of DNA testing they did - it'd show that they were related, which might be enough of a leeway here. They probably wouldn't do advanced DNA testing to begin with if it was just to check if the baby and he was related since they didn't know about him having a brother. With that said, they should've just had Kayla test someone related to Tripp (Ava?) to conclude that the baby is his/related to him. Hell, with Ava being a criminal her DNA might've been in some database so they might've found a way to exploit that.

• Members

This goes to show you that bringing in a new actor/character just for a plot doesn't often work, no matter how much time there is between writing, taping then airing. You never know which actor may or may not take off with the fans until they see it. They made a mistake with Evan and Zoey, and now they made the same mistake with Charlie.

But then again, maybe Ron does have a little problem with bisexuality after all lol

How old did you think he was lol