• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly.

Please register in order to view this content

lmao

Yeah but Gwen has been here since June. It's time to reveal her motivations. Ron wants the "omg" moment but instead he needs to let us in on her better. Of course I feel the same as you, she has to be or should be Jack's daughter somehow. But at the same time, it's time to clue us in. I'd rather be with her on the journey than watch this [!@#$%^&*]. But that's me. Truthfully I don't even know if Ron has a solid plan.

Charlie arrived in October and by December was a psycho with his motivations revealed.

I'm glad you think it all makes sense. But you know why fans seem to care a bit more about Charlie (besides the washboard abs)?? Because we KNOW HIS MOTIVATIONS and WE CAN UNDERSTAND HIM. Folks are tiring of Gwen. Why? Because we don't know her real motivations at this point.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hear what you're saying. I just think it's tricky from a storytelling perspective. Of course, the show could have let us in on Gwen's backstory and underlying motivations at the same time she told Dr. Rolf. But then, regular viewers would have had to suffer through weeks of flashbacks and scenes where Gwen talks to herself about her backstory, in order to bring infrequent viewers up to speed on why she's so determined to ruin Abby's life and Jack & Jen's marriage.  

Anyway, Emily O'Brien is fun to watch playing a kind of female Iago, full of "motiveless malignity." So I don't mind waiting to get the backstory that will no doubt humanize her and make her more sympathetic, but perhaps a little less fun.  

• Members

I don't have any particular issue with the pacing with the Gwen storyline since they've pretty much dropped anvils about her being Jack's daughter anyway. If anything it's the usual issue of making all other characters completely dumb to drive the storyline that's the issue, but that's not a DAYS exclusive problem.

But yes, the pacing for the Jan storyline and Charlie have been a mess. It's like Ron likes to have these little quick stories that just runs for maybe two-three months among other things, but considering Charlie at least will be tied to the canvas via Allie I feel like that one should've been a slow-burner. But I guess since Allie's pregnancy and the paternity issue has gone on a while now they feel like they need to rush it? From the looks of it, it seems like John and Steve will inherit the town brain when Anna leaves.