Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

She did the same thing on Bold & Beautiful as Caroline. On B&B, I thought it was because the writers didn't know what they wanted to do with Caroline (that's probably true too), but her inconsistent acting choices are questionable. 

It's like what happened to Sydney on Melrose Place, for you MP fans

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that Linsey Godfrey is playing up the cutesy side of Sarah (which doesn't always work in her hospital scenes), but I don't agree that she's playing ditzy at all. In fact, the show is doing a consistent running joke that she's smarter than Xander (and better at scheming when she puts her mind to it).

And I'd much rather have her overacting a bit and creating a memorable character versus whatever that girl playing Claire is doing; that one seems to be trying so hard to suppress her Australian accent that she's forgotten to give the character any personality. 

On a totally different note, I don't quite get the criticisms of what Ava said to Allie today. Ava is a psychopath, so I don't think the show is actually endorsing her viewpoint that Allie is a "liar" and a "bitch." The character we're meant to empathize with in those scenes is Tripp, and he's defending Allie in them. 

• Members

One problem is that the cartoonish tone of that scene clashed with a situation that should be handled more with more sensitivity—a young woman struggling with the trauma of rape. It’s a problem many soaps have had over the years, and it’s even more glaring now.

• Members

i agree with you about Ava and what the audience was supposed to understand. I’m sorry, it’s not Ron’s fault if some viewers are clueless. He was not endorsing the point of view labeling Allie a liar and a bitch.

I also agree completely about the actress playing Claire. She’s just awful, and for me, she ruins every scene she’s in.

• Members

They should just have a plot twist where Claire receives some shocking news, has another psychotic break, and suddenly starts speaking in an Australian accent. I'd bet you anything that if Isabel Durant got to use her actual accent, she'd be able to give this character some life.

• Members

Count me in as agreeing with that tweet and hating the storyline.  Yes of course I know that it's Ava speaking and she's the villain and it's not supposed to be the point of view of the show's management.  I know that. I'm not stupid. 

But I don't want to see that point of view uttered, even by a fictional villain.

That's what *infuriates* me.  I hate that the show wants us to empathize with an accused rapist and to assume that his accuser is wrong.

That kind of cr@p should not be written.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I deleted the episode from my DVR despite wanting  to see Chloe. First and foremost those Brady/Nicole scenes were awkward AF prior to Chloe arriving. Then the Allie/Tripp/Ava and the way Ava was speaking. I could care less if she is a psycho or not...we should be beyond  this in 2020. Soaps should be forbidden from ever telling rape stories again. If they wanted to go this route they should have gone full on Karen and at least had Allie be right in her suspicions. 

Thinking  back to RC's history and then the disaster of Ciara's rape this is simply clueless. 

• Members

I'm sure Ava's comments are still pissing people off. You can't really fault a mother for defending her child, but yeah, maybe her lines should have been rewritten by somebody.

Lmaoo all the jokes people made about Will and Ben in prison, maybe all those jokes should have been about Lani and Kristen in the convent.

Edited by AbcNbc247