Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m still really liking the whole Gwen storyline. Usually in storylines like this, I would say characters like Chad and Jennifer were being dumbed down for the sake of the plot, but the writers really have established enough aspects and emotions with the characters that in this case I could see both of them being easily manipulated by Gwen. I hope it keeps going. 

Also, for some reason I can’t see Missy Reeves’ Jennifer beating up on those poinsettias like Cady’s Jen did lol 

Never thought they could top the randomness of Will and Sonny talking about combining their sperm, but they sure did top it with Alexis Texas lol 

• Members

Marci Miller is really doing great this time around. I'm finally not constantly watching her performances and wondering how Kate Mansi would play it.

"In real life, coming back from the dead is hard. It's not like a soap opera." Okay that made me laugh.

• Members

If it was Reilly, Kate and Jen would be having stupid campy fights and competitions for Jack’s affections lol 

Count me in as well.

I think they’re great together. Jake is different. He seems to understand Kate better then a lot of her other men have 

• Members

I’m fine with Kate being with a guy Jake’s age.  It’s just that this is being played for thrills, will amount to nothing, and inevitably degrade Kate.  And didn’t we basically see this 14 years ago with her and EJ?

Kate/LK is amazing and deserves longer-term planning.  I know a lot of people don’t like Josh Taylor, but her reunion with Roman writes itself and I’ve always felt they’re totally endgame.  However, I acknowledge that once they’re actually together, this can and likely will go the way of Victor/Maggie with gender reversed lolol.

• Members

I say no to Kate with Roman. I don’t care how close they are in age, he reads a lot older than she is. A LOT. I don’t want her saddled with the mumbles guy.

This run with Kate and Jake works. She did this 14 years ago with EJ? So what??? It’s even more impressive now that she can hook a hunk and look so good doing it.

• Members

The characters of Roman and Kate are probably supposed to be close in age, but Lauren Koslow is a very young-looking 67, and Josh Taylor is 77, the same age as Susan Seaforth Hayes. And I agree with everyone who's saying that she works with Jake. Besides, Brandon Barash is in his early 40s himself, so it's not like she's screwing JJ or something. 

• Members

I think Kate can and should get it.  I just have a feeling this is going nowhere and in the aftermath of it, she's gonna be age/slut shamed by everyone including, and especially, Chad and Gabi (who are supposed to look up to her).  I don't think what Kate is doing is degrading, and I certainly don't want to see her degraded by the other characters for it.  That's all.

As for EJ, I was just pointing out it's a very similar setup.  Kate really suffers from retreading and most of the situations (because they're not real stories) they put her in end similarly and have very little long-term impact.  Btw, Kate is one of my favorite characters.  I just want better for her.  Noted that you don't think that's Roman lol.