Days: December 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay, so we kinda figured that Charlie would be the rapist, and it's all predictable, but I kind of like this dynamic where Ava obviously favors one son over the other. Who will Charlie's dad be? Maybe Ava had a secret affair with Stefano and Charlie is a yet another long-lost DiMera?

Please register in order to view this content

TB is entertaining as Ava. Hard to believe that not too long ago I was bored to tears with her on GH as Kim. Keeping Ava around for awhile and finding a way to keep Charlie around would make the canvas more interesting. Tripp will be cleared obviously but wanting a relationship with Ava will cause issues with Steve and Kayla. Tripp will have drama with Ava because she never told him about Charlie. Charlie and Tripp could have a rivalry. Charlie could decide that he wants to be part of Henry's life and have all kinds of drama with Allie. Whenever Sami comes back to town, she can kick Charlie's ass. But knowing DAYS none of this will happen and they'll just dump Charlie and Ava lol.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Michael Manning should submit today's episode for supporting actor Emmy. He blew me away. Those scenes with Tamara were incredibly well done all the way around.  It's too bad if Ron turns him into a rapist.   The last three weeks the show has been amazing once you overlook Ava's return from the dead scenario and the dumb Jan wedding.  The show has steadily improved without Greg Meng as EP.

• Members

LOL! I only thought 18-21. I never bothered to look up his age but he just seemed really young. Though I guess to be fair in my 20s I always looked younger than I was. I think I probably look my age now lol.

I agree about Evan, Zoey and now Charlie. I like they redeemed Evan a tad bit but still ... waste of potential and none of us want another Ben redemption, personally. 

Maybe Ron does have problems with bisexuality? I don't know. I think networks seem to, or execs. It opens up a lot of story. I know some fans find it lazy because it gives them an 'out' to make the character straight, you know? I can see why maybe it's avoided.

The rape stuff was so unnecessary. I just don't understand Ron's obsession with rape. It's like he keeps hoping one of his rape stories actually makes an impact but they never do because they're so awful and he never commits to it being one. It's all about shock plot. I feel like he has ideas and then fills in the blanks.

• Members

I think the conservative heartland housewives are still skeevy about bisexuality. They either think the person is just "confused" and is actually straight, or on the flip side, can't be trusted/can't have a meaningful relationship with one gender while also lusting after the other gender.  But from a storyline perspective, it opens up a wealth of possibility... which means they'll never go there on soaps 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Good points on those viewers. And I'm guessing many execs and writers share the same opinion, just a hunch. Leading to it never being explored. And it's honestly too complex for our soaps at this point, LOL. I'm kind of OK they don't. Even though they should be far more contemporary than they are. They're stuck in this bizarre cliche rut as they struggle to exist and get by. I'll never forget the pearl clutchers gasping in horror at the Prospect Park versions of AMC and OLTL. We're doomed to be in this rut until all the soaps are dead I fear. It's kinda been this way since the mid 2000s, honestly. They stopped trying anything somewhere around 1996/1997 (as they all started replicating Reilly stories which damaged these soaps because it was all so bad; at least Reilly told stories in his first run, as bizarre as they could be it was still somewhat grounded).

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Lmao with me it was the other way. When I was 18-19, people would think I was like 24. Now I'm 28, and nobody says anything.

You're right about Mike Manning though. He does look younger than 33. I thought his acting was great in these last two episodes. They'd be pretty foolish to let him go, but like you said no one wants another redemption arc, even though I still think Ava's going to be getting one soon.

As for Ron, I won't flat out accuse him of biphobia but sometimes I wonder. Evan could have been a groundbreaking character, and Charlie could have too actually if they chose to go that route with him. Above all, it would have been something different for soaps, and I think that's always a good thing.

Let's just say, Mike Manning and I are kindred spirits lol (even though I do prefer guys)

You hit the nail right on the head. What sucks is that mindset sometimes comes from both sides.

IMO, a bi love triangle is the shot in the arm that soaps need right now.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Did you expect anything different?  Ron only writes cliff hanger story beats.  And the show (even before he joined) has a history of ruining all the younger characters by turning them into felonious criminals or crazies or both: Tripp, Joey, Claire, Charlie, Nick, Ben, Chase, Evan, to name a few.....

Edited by RavenWhitney