Worst Character Assassinations?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Holly on Guiding Light was pretty bad.  Character never recovered.  I remember saying this one time before and someone said 'well she was mentally and physically abused so it made sense.'  Not to me it didn't...Holly wouldn't go driving off in a van with the town's kids.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen with someone who was abused but it was done VERY badly.  She was almost cartoonish.  

• Members

At the end of AW's run, Marley was ruined as the crazy psycho that locked up Vicky. Seemed like it came out of nowhere. Marley had always been the sweet, innocent one. I get that Jake's rape of Marley could make the character an angry person after such violation....but all that time later? Why then?

• Members

Too true..Ed not so much as he always had issues (tho slapping Chele, no matter how well deserved was a bit much) but Alex was the worst! Not only because of the character's history but it was an abrupt change from the Joan Collins/Taggert savvy underhanded, but doing it with good intentions, to a drug dealing shrew.  Terrible.

• Members

Zander got a bus over him for the puke that was "Num". Nik and Emily were cavity-inducing. At least Chad Brannon (before the Daytime Emmys became participation trophies!) got an Emmy out of the damage that was done to his character to make Nik/Emily look better.

• Members

Adam Munson, ATWT. I’ve blocked out a lot of 2000s ATWT, but didn’t they have him turn into an insta-psycho who attacked Gwen and was “killed off” in a cover-up story similar to what Y&R later did with JT? Just not at all the character I remembered Craig Lawlor playing.