Worst Character Assassinations?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will take that, too. NO WAY Anna would sleep with Faison. NONE.

Same. However, I worry the longer it takes to reveal it, the more it sounds like someone is purposely trying to keep it canon BTS. And someone *side-eyes* needs to STFU. 

Now I'm thinking given some of the clips I've seen over this past month that maybe they are building up to reveal it at Anna's and Finn's upcoming wedding. Which would be great writing. Fingers crossed. 

• Members

Yep, if Anna had slept with Faison, he'd have never let her forget it

TOTALLY.

TOTALLY.

Yeeeah, that's what I was thinking. If anything she should let Peter be l la Faison/Stefano, coming and going with a scheme if he wants to keep him around. Or like how Dan O Connor is with Dr. O since he loves her. 

Ooooh, I remember that backlash REEEEEEEEAL well. I was livid. I was glad SOD did the same. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I co-nominate Hope Williams (DAYS) and Laura Spencer (GH).  Both women were wild teens.  Laura was overwrought with emotion, she would have fainting spells when she found out that Leslie was her mother, and eventually she shot her mother's lover.  Hope was kissing older boys, she was horrible to Julie, and she had to be sent to boarding school because she was getting into so much trouble at home.  However, once they started dating the local bad boys in town (Luke and Bo respectively), they became damsels in distress, always in need of being saved from criminals, and frightened by the mere thought that their boyfriends would be exposed to danger.  It got to the point where these two tough teens both began to be referred to as "princess" by their love interests.  Although they both had a brief resurgence in the 90's when they founded their respective cosmetics companies, eventually they both subverted everything they always wanted as kids and became a sidekick to men who weren't nearly as complex or interesting, and would eventually abandon them.  If 15-year-old Hope or Laura were able to predict the future and see what their lives would be like living in tiny homes in the same town that they were raised, I bet both of them would have gagged. 

Compare them to Julie (DAYS) or Raven (EDGE) who became partners with their husbands, solved crimes, and got to lead international lives filled with glamour.  Those women never had to wear cop uniforms, or granny frocks, and they always occupied one of the largest homes in town.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Well that’s what happens when shows go from being written about complex family dynamics to romance and adventure.

Although, Laura was involved in the action until she came back from being kidnapped by the Cassadines.  If anything, Scotty was too domesticated for her.  When you watch the old shows, she’s right there in the action storyline until she disappears on the docks and comes back pretty traumatized.

Compare both of them to let’s say Anna Devane or Felicia Jones and they both do become more damsels in distress though.

• Members

Jack Deveraux was butchered so badly that most fans don't even realize that he was butchered.  First of all, while he was always an odd individual, DAYS goes through phases where they portray him as a total freak.  Second, the one time that he legitimately left Jennifer was when he blamed himself for Abby's illness.  He never would have left his family to go chase adventures.  

Anna sleeping with Faison is beyond ridiculous, and pretty disgusting.  Even if they say she never did, and that it was Alex, we will still have to accept that she thought she did for many years, and went through life believing that it happened.  That is pretty disgusting in its own right.  Shame on GH for that one.

Victor Lord on OLTL is probably the ultimate example. 

• Members

LOLLLLL Truth!

I was thinking Sheila too. It's not so much that her moral character went downhill, she was always evil.  It's that she became a cartoon after shooting Taylor. Everything from South America, the yacht explosion, gaslighting Lauren, to looking like Phyliss was over the top. She had better plots from '90-'02, especially 1990-93.

Victor Newman! He's always been an anti hero but he a a milder streak in the late 80s- late 00s. Later on he got way too extreme and bitter , especially using Mariah to gaslight Sharon.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Sharon Collins, Y&R, over a decade of destruction. Though it seems to have ceased. Putting adam in her orbit again will not end well for her. 

Neil Winters, Y&R, destroyed him in effort to keep him driving Devon and Hilary story. I will never forgive Chuck Pratt. 

Hilary Curtis, Y&R, wrote that character into the ground and just kept her in muck. She became the new Sharon until they killed her off. 

Meg Snyder, ATWT, made her crazy over Paul and Emily Stewart, of all people. 

T Marshall Travers, ATWT, raping Jessica. 

Ridge Forrester, B&B, I wasn't able to see him in a decent light after the show played around with him and Bridgette. He thought she was his daughter for the first 6/7 years of her life! Atrocious!

Tony Jones, GH, destroyed him for Carly's story and redemption. 

Victor Newman, Y&R, to prop up Billy and Vikki romance, turned Victor into a heartless villain. He loved his kids. He would have never hurt Vikki in any way. 

Olivia Barber, Y&R, sleeping with her sick best friend's husband. 

• Members

Yeah, Sheila was always shown to be an evil tactician who was masterful in her madness, but I agree with the assessment that the characterization of her became akin to a kind of 'Looney Tunes' villain.

Sort of what Phyllis quickly became.

Although Meg had first been introduced as a cunning and manipulative Lolita-esque temptress who, with her brother Holden conspired to break up Dusty and Lily, the character was mostly humbled after a disastrous first marriage and settling down with a different partner (albeit, her sister's ex rapist).

The wet sackcloth version of the character that returned to the canvas in the show's last decade was a poorly written characterization mostly because she was deathly dull.