Worst Character Assassinations?

• Members

I think we all have seen some pretty bad character assassinations over the years, I was wondering which ones were quite possibly the worst or really bad? I was inspired by some of the posts in that iconic stars who flopped thread to start this.  

I have to start with Neil on Y&R when he became a bloodthirsty sociopath over Devon and Hilary’s affair and then held a comatose Hilary in secret. The character never recovered his former standing on the show before KSJ passed.

Then there is Sharon on Y&R but that would take up two posts lol. Don’t get me started on Ben Reade on GL either. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brooke on B&B, starting with the affair with Deacon. I know that they had sizzling chemistry and many found them hot together, but it was completely out of character for the Brooke we had seen so far. And since that story she has really never been the same. Before that, despite what Stephanie said, Brooke had never been anywhere the slut Stephanie had accused her of being, but since then.... oh dear..... 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Paulina, AW - She was tough and strong and didn't take any of Jake's crap but once she married Joe, she became nothing more than just his little woman.

Ciara, DOOL - Tough, motorcycle riding, Bo's daughter to a tee, turned into a cheerleader for a serial killer while at the same time attacking other people for their sketchy pasts.

And pretty much every character on Passions in its last year and a half - particularly Chad, Sheridan, Fox and Gwen.