Worst Character Assassinations?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He said Beth was a totally different character under Chamberlain and unrecognizable.

Vincent and Judi were asked to describe Grant and both had the same answer...I think they said intense. Judi had more glowing love for John Bolger who was the recast Phillip.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Vincent said it took him a while to realize Chamberlain was playing Beth because the character had changed so much.

Michael OLeary was described as funny by both and Vincent said Michael was also cheap too which led to Judi bursting in laughter. 

• Members

I think when she left B&B the first time, those first two returns ruined her. Turning her into a murderer was a mistake. It was too dark. I think B&B did a good job of redeeming her with edge and she was a viable character could’ve come and gone to stir things up, but they went to far. Then Y&R demolished her with their horrible attempts in the 00s. I will say her most recent B&B stint did a good job of redeeming her, but they didn’t do anything useful with her. Where were her daughters? A love interest? She just languished the entire year. It was *such* a good return too. 

• Members

All I remember was viewers resisting her, and complaining that she was not the "real" Beth.

UGH! Jeffrey, another useless character who never should have received so much airtime on the show. Between the mob, San Cristocrap, and all the idiotic Reva stories, the show was doomed.

• Members

Unpopular opinion here, but I liked Beth's transformation and found it totally explicable, given all the trauma the character had been through (including sexual abuse and kidnapping). Of course, it goes against the genre conventions of soaps, where the ingenue heroine endures this kind of trauma every few months but remains the same "sweet" person throughout (rather than becoming jaded and defensive like any real person would be). I think Chamberlain played her character's brittleness and coldness as a psychological defense mechanism, the result of a woman who had been deeply hurt too many times and refused to get hurt again. And to me it made perfect sense.