Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@All My Shadows Keeping in-tact really depends on the era and context of the episode. Y&R had some amazing eras where pretty much everything was quite watchable. So I do agree there's probably some key classic episodes that would hold up. However, there's also A stories peaks that probably needed at least 2-3 episodes to really - that's where a condensed version of the big story would be interesting to watch.

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing 100% repeats sooner, so maybe they can do a couple of back-to-back. But I believe we all agree Classic Y&R towers over anything produced today - from stories, dialogue, acting, production, etc.  

• Members

My wish list:

1992: Katherine and Jill's courthouse catfight;

1995(?): Jill and Mamie fight about John: "You mean the bitch, don't you?";

1998: Katherine and Jill's attic catfight;

1998: Jill crashes Katherine's 4th of July party and announces she owns the mansion;

1999: The Takeover;

2000: Tricia accidentally kills Tony; and

2001: Diane and Nikki's catfight in the Jabot boardroom. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

I don't think that would cause them not to air an episode. If we could get a Victoria Rowell heavy tribute to Kristoff St. John (honestly, the only respectful way to do it), then I would expect to see Terry and Brenda if they decide to go deep into the 80s. It would be kinda hard to really showcase the 80s without them. You'd end up sacrificing the Abbott family and Katherine who are both incredibly popular. Brenda they could probably avoid because Jess had some good stuff from 87-89 with Phillip, Katherine and Nina, but The Abbott family with Terry Lester is where their best episodes were. With Dina back I could see them wanting to feature her and you also have Eileen Davidson who only interacting with Terry Lester in her first run.

• Members

I'm guessing it will take much longer for them to reprise filming. 

Supposedly, the virus is largely defeated 2 months after a proper lockdown is put in place (let's say July). But even then, symptom-less people remain, undetected. And they can infect other people. Causing another 'wave'.

I'm guessing we'll veery slowly go back to a resemblance of our normal lives, but I'm not sure at what point soaps will be able to reprise filming.

Even if filming reprises in late Summer, will the actors be willing to be intimate with each other? Storylines and blocking will have to change dramatically, much like our lives and our ways to show affection will have changed.

What we need even more so than a vaccine is a new way of testing that provides results within minutes. I think Hollywood will be disrupted by this and the soaps will be the last ones to adapt given they have a hectic schedule and lots of variables in place.

• Members

They're foolish if they don't show episodes with Dickson and especially Lester. Those are some of Y&R's 'Diamond Years'.

Y&R already hosted a stream on Facebook where Jerry Douglas, Beth Maitland and Eileen Davidson extolled the talents of Terry Lester and expressed how much he is missed. Honestly, I don't see why they wouldn't show those episodes featuring Dickson and/or Lester, unless it were out of anxiety not to show viewers how much better the show was in those days.

Edited by DramatistDreamer