Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No lies here. Gimme reruns all day every day of Y&R at this point. What they need to do is fire Griffith, get a replacement working on fixing the show and do a six month time jump. But don't waste our time like Ron did. However, I don't believe they care about 'fixing' the show as they don't see it as broken.

I question how far back these 'classics' will go. But I'll take anything truly classic. Heck I'd take anything from 1999-2005/2006 at this point too, was truly great compared to the last ten years (LOL, only half kidding ... but when compared to what's come after? It looks so much better). I have no doubt they remind us of Cassie's death and Phyllis and Nick having an affair. Let's also remind viewers of Diane and Nikki catfighting over The Old Goat's sperm. Yikes.

I also question if they dare show some of the better stuff, like how Heather Tom can actually act circles around lethargic Heinle. Or how David Tom still remains the better Billy, despite the mess of his return. Etc. And of course Drucilla Winters and Victoria Rowell. I bet that idiot racist from Sony is glad the demand for her return quickly died. Anywho ... I ramble ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Aw man, I would have loved to see that entire week....I guess there were some clips posted on YT like The aftermath Of Katherine's facelift where she reunites with Brock, Lorie's return and run in with Nikki, and the Jack/Patty clip, but I would have loved to see that entire week.

Yeah If we can have something nice for a change they'd stay away from any 2006-2020 episodes....I doubt it, but we will see.

• Members

Yes that's right. I posted a video of the original airing a while ago.

This is super news. If it starts this Friday, I wonder if they're already out of episodes or if they want to space them out.

I just really hope they post them online too especially with all the preemptions lately.

I hope they show Danny and Christine's wedding, isn't that the only episode missing from that entire month? 

• Members

Taking bets that some of the Y&R (R) draw more viewers than DAYS when they air. LOL

CBS erred not reairing at least one of those massively pre-empted episodes the next day to extend content. Probably going full repeats starting week of April 27 or May 4. Y&R will have been out of production for seven weeks (May 4) at that point. Between pre-emptions and inserting some repeats, I can't imagine they have more than that. It's unlikely they'll start filming again until early June, since the lock downs will likely continue until June 1. 

It would be great if it were possible for Y&R/B&B to re-edit a bunch of episodes to present one-week 'classic' story arcs. I'm sure it's difficult for rights issues. Editors can work remotely so I don't think it's much of an issue. That would actually make the episodes worth watching. 

• Members

Yes! that was from you, and there definitely wasn't any Jack/Patty scenes....

I hope we definitely get more confirmation besides TEB's words, but I also figured they still had plenty of episodes to show until the first week of May or so? I guess they did want to space them out.

• Administrator

They should air 3 new episodes a week and have Thursday/Friday as classic episodes.  Fridays are usually the lowest rated episode, so this would help their weekly average, but not having it count.