Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Well guys apparently the Canadian episode that aired today (they are a day ahead of the US) was an episode from 6 weeks ago.

So there seems to be some questions about whether or not a classic episode is actually airing tomorrow 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed. Some claim that viewers would not want to watch episodes featuring unfamiliar characters/actors, but if that were true, every single brand-new series on TV would be rejected by the audience because they don't "know" any of the people on screen yet. But...we GET to know them as we watch. I'm always fascinated to check out vintage material from my favorite shows, regardless if I know any of the characters/actors featured or not. I'll become familiar with them as I view the eps. And most importantly, the first five years of this show were brilliant; William J. Bell at the peak of his talent. His mesmerizing scripts alone would lure anyone in!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Nice. Predictable, but nice. Didn't they re-air this about 3 years ago? 

I would love to see something off the wall, like Lauren buried alive, Victor keeping someone in a cage, someone keeping Brad in a cage, the black guy who posed as white, the dude getting KILLER carved on his forehead and then tossed in the trash compactor, etc.  Give us a goofy one. 

• Members

It's a good episode. I forced my non-soap fan friends to watch with me on NYE a few years ago, and they enjoyed it (for real - not to just talk sht about it). Maybe they pulled that one because they knew it was already "prepared" for airing? It's not a surprising pick. For many, many viewers, Victor and Nicki are Y&R.

Re: 70s episodes. I think if they go there, we'd definitely get the first episode just for the sake of it being the first episode. I would imagine they could find some good Katherine/Phillip/Jill stuff, too.

Edited by All My Shadows