Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Makes sense then to do it this way. Probably why they picked Friday then. But yeah, Thursday/Friday would probably be better to save on the amount of episodes. Maybe they gradually reduce? Or maybe they're hoping to resume taping sometime in mid-late May? (Of course hoping and it being a reality are two different things)

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And if they do it that way, the Thursday/Friday episodes can be back to back classics with a resolution of whatever the cliffhanger was. I'm assuming if they show Day 1 of the Masquerade Ball this Friday, they won't resume with the Ball a week later. It would take ages to show just that week.

• Members

How long ago was it when ABC Daytime wanted to roll out several classic episodes a year to cut production costs? Anyone can refresh my memory on why that didn't last long? Besides the morbid reality that they cancelling OLTL and AMC probably cut all the costs they needed to cut...

I'm excited to see more older Y&R episodes the way they were originally presented so many years ago. That Victor/Nicki wedding a few NYEs ago was great, and I would love to just have that look and feel of classic Y&R on my TV again.

• Webmaster

The "classic" episodes didn't really muster in the ratings and they weren't even classics to begin with. Only "classic" episodes aired featuring Vanessa Marcil's Brenda Barrett have generated any interest by ABC's viewers. She was a HUGE draw for that network. Another reason is music rights and material not jiving with what was currently airing at the time. Hence, ABC aired "current" story related reruns on holidays before outright deciding to cancel all their scripted soaps, saving GH at the last minute.

Back to Y&R...can't comment on what ya'll are talking about just yet. Probably tomorrow I can though.

• Members

Ah, okay, that does all sound very familiar. Being that this was around the time more and more stuff started popping up on YT, I don't think anyone really cared that this "experiment" didn't work out. I do recall a relatively older episode of OLTL from the mid-90s being aired, featuring Thorsten Kaye's head of hideous hair.

Clearly, you're ready to roll out the list of Y&R episodes to expect. I'll be here waiting - not like I have anything else to do these days.