Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm looking forward to watching this classic Y&R episode from 1993. 

Please register in order to view this content

Especially seeing Neil and Dru on their honeymoon and John/Jill. It will be nice to see Brad again too. Soaps.com has the full recap for what will air on tomorrow's classic episode. 

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/recaps/563146/flashback-yr-recap-jill-stuns-john-pregnancy-news-after-vasectomy/

Edited by xtr

• Members

Has the GlobalTV airing been posted on YouTube?

It wouldn't be bad if US and Canada aired two different episodes, if both were able to be posted online...

That's actually my video embedded there with the 20th anniversary clip. Cool. Glad you used it.

• Members

At least people working from home and tuning in will get some quality Y&R LOL

When does this one air? I'm LOVING these classic episodes. Will they be up on YouTube?

People make fun of soaps, but a lot of shows these days came from them, just a modern version.

• Members

The funny thing is, when they aired the Victor/Nicki wedding for NYE, I remember coming home from a vacation and they still had it available "on demand," but this time, it's not (or maybe it was - for whatever reason, only the two most recent episodes are available, usually it's the last five airings). They don't even have tomorrow's airing listed.

• Webmaster

I came across it while I was writing and thought it worked VERY well with the article. Thanks for publishing it. Really liked seeing the actors doing a mall tour when soaps were able to generate such massive amounts of fans in one place. The good old days.

• Members

Honestly, it would never happen, but I'd be fine if they picked a starting point in the 80s or 90s and just played episodes in order. 20, 30, 40, however many it ended up being. The only way to really experience Y&R and delve into it due to its measured, long-term storytelling. 

• Members

I'm mad because there was no iconic Rex/Katherine shot in the opening, but I'll live.

THIS is the Y&R everyone in my family was obsessed with and us kids grew up with. It just looks and sounds so perfect, and every character shown so far is important to the very fiber of the show's being. After only ten minutes, it's heartbreaking to think of how far this show has fallen.

Look at how beautiful and rich these location scenes with Dru and Neil are. No attempt to get fancy with film. Just straight videotape, and it's gorgeous. They knew it was a soap, and they were proud of it.

Dru and Neil - pure romance that isn't overblown and contrived. A laid-back couple basking in the glow of new wedded bliss.

And the perfectly understated Y&R music. Did I hear the old "Genoa City Theme" in that Brad/Ashley scene?

Classic Victor and Nicki angst. This episode has it all even with just a handful-and-a-half of characters.

That LUSH music coming to crescendo and then fading out as we hold on Nicki's tear-stained face for a silent beat - then fade to black. It's art, damn it.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Yeah, Heather Tom and Brenda Epperson. Clearly they are not averse to showing previous actors in current roles.

So nice to see Victoria Rowell so young and carefree. And KSJ with his furry torso...

Peter Bergman is no Terry Lester, but he was so nice to look at...