Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sigh. What a treat to watch the real Y&R back on screen. A few minutes missing, of course, but what can you expect? The most bizarre edit was when they played the credits before the first Jill/Rex scene (which was obviously the lead into the credits) but then combined it with the Jill/Rex scene right after the credits. Like, why? Someone help me understand! That's not just cutting for time, that's re-editing the actual content! I was hoping they wouldn't remove whole scenes once I saw they just cut one of the Brad/Ashley ones short. That might be the way to go: Show all the scenes but trim some of them here and there and therefore nothing gets left out.

St. John was so beautiful and sexy. Once Shemar came on the show, he always took second place and we didn't often enjoy that body. Always great to see Rowell. She will always be missed.

Episodes like these subtly show Braeden's range as an actor. You just do not see this kind of emotion from him anymore. Funny how so far, CBS has rerun two episodes about Eve Howard.

John finding out about Jill's pregnancy is classic soap drama.

If this episode is put on YouTube (esp. in good quality) please someone let us know!

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I think the amazing thing about 90s era Y&R is how effortlessly good it seems. And I remember feeling that way about it at the time compared to other soaps. Everything about it is just so damn competent and you never question that it is going to hit all the beats it needs to. 

Even though we knew at the time that it was a cut above other soaps, you really appreciate it even more now.