Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

People forget there was a huge span of time that Victor and Nikki were not together.

I personally liked her with Jack and him with Ashley at that time, and the pull between them still being present.  I really rooted for Ashley and Victor though- both versions of Ashely.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

1990s big SORAS were Victoria, Nick, Billy. Victoria and Nick age normally until 1990. Victoria goes from elementary school aged to high school aged. Nick is SORASed twice, from toddler to elementary school aged, then to high school aged. In real time Victoria and Nick are 6 years apart but the castings of Heather Tom and John Alden-Nelson made them about 8 years apart, and Joshua Morrow's casting made them 2 years apart even though Joshua Morrow is older than Heather Tom.  Billy born in 1993 ages normally until 1998, then returns in 1999 as a teenager. So the real time ages of Victoria, Nick, and Billy in 2020 would be 38, 32, 27.

Oddly enough Melissa Ordway and Mark Grossman are not that far off age-wise from Victoria and Nick's real time ages.

• Members

You're just so amazing at keeping track of the dates, we are lucky to have you!

Please register in order to view this content

And what a smart assumption with the date they bought the tape. That must be the case!

• Members

Thanks!  I probably sound like a nut, but I'm just into knowing the dates! LOL It's probably gonna drive me crazy if they keep giving the tape dates for these episodes, unless they start correcting themselves...guess we will see next friday? 

• Members

I could never stand Ashley with Victor, I never liked them together any of the times they were together and it didnt matter who was playing Ashley. I've actually quite liked every actress that played her (I think there were 3 different ones? If there were more I dont remember). I always liked Ashley with Brad. I forget who else she was also with over the years besides Brad and Victor. I know there were others.

Yea, 2006 was around the time I started to slowly stop watching Y&R, I barely remember the first time Nick and Phyllis got together then I stopped watching the show for years so I never saw all the other times so them together now is new to me! lol. Yea so they aged her RIDICULOUSLY! So her and faith should be the same age....yet she is now like 10 years older. Oy vey!

For as long as I've watched soaps (since the 80's) they've always SORAS'd kids. Its extremely rare that they don't do it. there may be the occasional kid that doesnt get aged or only a few years. I wish they didnt do that, it drives me crazy!

• Members

I wasn't referring to SORASing kids. Soaps used to hire a 15 year old, not someone in their twenties, to play a 15 year old's role. Not that they didn't also do that, because they did, but now it's basically all you see.

I'm shocked the actor playing Faith is still on Y&R... it's a rarity.

Edited by koos

• Members

JG really should take this time to retool and/or scrap some of the scripts that were in the pipeline. He really has the time to do it. Figure out some story projections that would be really compelling and write them and write them in detail. Again, he has the time.