Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I see what you mean! And you are right - it's what Aback called the 'winning Y&R formula': There's usually a psycho on the show... sometimes two at the same time! It's to the show's immense credit that it doesn't necessarily feel like it was done too much. I think it's something that fitted the show's dark, gothic elements well and also provided a lot of "action" in a decidedly slow-paced show.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha Yeah it makes sense now, they are just "Promos" but still a good idea...I wonder if next week they will air the 1996 one with Paul and Christine's honeymoon? I'm sure Doug Davidson and Lauralee Bell, maybe even Michelle Stafford will do a promo for that? 

• Members

I just think that was the first story where a woman accused a man of rape/harassment in a decade. It was insulting because it was a false accusation (many women still get the message they shouldn't report because they won't be believed) and it came right after the sperm saga, which I loved but I could see why it was considered a misogynistic story.

• Members

Well when you say it like that, yes definitely a pattern. But like I said, they did such a good job of making the psychos gradually that way or make them tick.

Please register in order to view this content

But like @YRBB said above me, it is a testimony to the excellent writing and plotting that it was so not noticeable at all. 

• Members

My cable on-screen TV guide added a description of the episode today. The other classics just had a generic description of a soap set in Genoa City. Pretty cool to see Sheila mentioned! It says

"David wears the same disguise as Danny to the masquerade ball; Paul and Lauren see Scott and Sheila."

• Members

"Holly Hollywood and the Wolf" clearly being Marilyn Monroe and the Beast from the Beauty of the Beast is cracking me up. So is Esther trying to be a sexy French maid and then just scurrying to follow Katherine's coattails.

The costumes are so cute and fun. This is great.

Katherine, Rex, and that damn necklace

Please register in order to view this content

I'm suddenly back in my grandma's kitchen.

Jeanne Cooper, man. What a great woman who could just do it all.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Pre-empted in NJ for Cuomo's press conference. I was going to wait to watch the episode b/c I'm on September 1991, but wanted to catch a glimpse of HD Y&R. A shame for those tuning in. Hopefully someone will upload just like last episode.

Edited by YRBB