Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It really is a shame that they didn't just decide to air the ball from Wed-Fri or whatever, but I can't wait to watch in high quality! I also wonder if they will show that intro TEB recorded, since they didn't do that for the last two classics, and it's not like people can't figure out that it's an old episode. GH had Laura Wright and (for some strange reason) the mother of the babies that play Wiley do intros... they need introductions IMO because those episodes are so recent that you could be forgiven for mistaking them for current. 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

They don’t have the budget for those iconic set pieces and it’s sad. Look at how bad the effects were for Billy’s breakdown. 

Hate to be that guy but, in light of the remote ads with TEB promoting the Masquerade Ball, I think Peter Bergman needs to learn how to do his own makeup.

• Members

That posted scene of Kay signing the divorce papers. Classic. Oscar worthy! But Mr. Rhoades couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. I never understood that casting choice even if short term role.  

Kay's house. Ah..so sad that Phelps destroyed the remodel. I'm sure they did it to save on space and have a collapsable set but boy did they go wrong.  

• Members

I am really loving the classic episodes. How can the people today watch these episodes and think they nonsense they are putting out is good? Even a lot of "appointment TV" today is classic soap opera story-telling. Succession the now finished Game of Thrones come to mind. They just changed with the times to be more relevant, but the structure / acting is like old school soap opera.

Gina Roma/Patty Weaver looks gorgeous and THAT VOICE. Being quarantined and having these nostalgic episodes makes getting through it not so bad. Last time Gina was on, I think it was Katherine funeral. So sad we can't have these characters back.

Edited by StepBack

• Members

I've always thought a great storyline would be for Tricia to be released and try to reestablish herself in Genoa City. However, that time has passed. Heather Tom, Nina Cast and the dearly departed Kristoff St. John would have done wonders with a story like that.

• Members

This episode certainly left an impression on me when I first watched it all those years ago. 

The look, the sound, the feel, the acting (largely), the writing and emotion was everything for me.

And exits don’t get much more gruesome than David Kimble’s.

This episode was one of the many examples of Bill Bell at his gothic best.