Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CBS may keep Y&R (R)/B&B (R) when new episodes run out, instead of TPiR/LMAD (R) because advertising is really drying up across the board. Therefore, ratings won't matter as much. I noticed the last two episodes of episodes of B&B on CAA only had CBS/Viacom-related promos (CAA, Showtime, ET, etc) - zero product advertisements. For those who watch through TV/DVR, have you noticed a drop in product advertising? 

I always like Sabryn Genet, but Y&R had to fill it's annual 'psycho' woman quota. It's too bad. I like that they're pulling episodes from different eras. I certainly would not have expected this one. 

• Members

I see what you mean - her raping Victor and accusing him of rape was especially insulting to women - but I think psychos are part of the winning Y&R formula, also right before her we did have Matt Clark who could balance her out.

• Members

Lol you know some future writers would probably have loved to keep him around as another misogynistic shirtless male character. 

Actually, when Matt and Tricia drove off that cliff together I thought it would have a chilling, powerful denouement if both died but Y&R wasn’t that ballsy enough. 

• Members

Are you saying it's a problem that Tricia became psychotic? Because she was uber boring before that and super interesting after it....

Why was it insulting? She was psychotic and therefore committed psychotic acts. I'd understand if she was portrayed as sane....

• Members

I miss how Y&R wrote psychos. Complex. You either got to see what made them tick or you got to slowly watch how they turned that way over time. You might not agree with how they got there, but you could understand how that happened. Organic. And Tricia was the latter. Didn't they break her down over a two year period before she snapped?

• Members

Ryan had about 10 years on the show right? Been married a few times, no family so time to write him off to clear space for new characters.

Pity that at some point it was decided to keep way too many actors/characters.

That's why I supported Brad going.

Michael/Kevin/Chelsea/Phyllis etc should be gone to allow core characters new people to interact with rather than going around in circles.