DOOL: Casting - He's Back

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The episode airs on April 1...so there's that. 

Even as a ghost,  I'm betting it's still a test. Why would anyone seriously believe any character is dead? If Stefan-O is coming back after giving his heart to Julie, Daniel certainly can (and will) return. 

I'll admit I liked SC as Mike on ATWT, but Daniel was just insufferable for so many reasons. SC certainly can handle better material than he was given. He's nowhere near the bottom tier of DAYS actors - not even close. 

Edited by edgeofnik

• Members

I don't see a Daniel revival. No one is calling for that and very different from Stefan. Brandon Barash hit the ground running and fans took to him almost immediately in the role. So they're correcting the mistake. Daniel dying wasn't a mistake. And Eric doesn't need Daniel's death washed away. Though the heaviness of the character now could use that weight being lifted.

But yeah, of course he could come back alive, lol. Sigh. Wasn't there a blind item that someone wanted to bolt their soap but a last minute twist or something kept them around? I literally thought of Ari and then hearing Shawn filmed as Daniel ... I think this is just a driveby. Didn't he return briefly after he was offed too as a ghost or something? We wasted almost a decade on this character ....

Edited by KMan101

• Members

@KMan101 100% on distinction between wanting BB back v SC. Though do we have proof beyond the boards that Daniel was loathed universally? I’d be curious what NBC/Sony research found with Daniel. 

It’s hard to believe Stefan-O has been off for approx 6 months. If that character was on B&B, he’d already have been resurrected, married and divorced Gabi by now. LOL 

• Members

That's fair on the research. I remember hearing the crazies on Facebook loving Daniel and Rafe so

Please register in order to view this content

no doubt they have their fans of course, lol. Instead of Daniel they should have just made Shawn Christian wink wink nod play another Mike (he's only two years younger than Roark Critchlow and three years younger than Michael T. Weiss) ... I guess I've always sort of resented we spent almost a decade on propping him for like ... nothing when we could have had Mike Horton in similar romances. Mike could have boned Carly and had an off-spring, etc. Oh well. I guess it's just how I've chosen to look at it, lol.

I mean Mike Horton and Kate Roberts boning as he treats her for cancer writes itself.

And we would have been spared Shawn Christian and Melissa Reeves not having any chemistry and the forced pairing that never worked.

I'm worried it's longer simply because of that blind item. I could see Arianne pushing for her boyfriend to come back to the show if they want to keep her. She seems to be unaware of the dislike for the character. But yeah, maybe we're in the minority so  lol

I'm dead at the returned six months ago, married and divorced ... lol so true. I hate this taping so far ahead. But I guess in a situation like we're in it finally may benefit them. 

Edited by KMan101