Actors & Actresses who were Divas/Difficult on their soap sets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

she would have been fired day 1. and my next phone caqll would have been to an actress with the words "you ready to come in and film this movie?"

I guess I'll add Dan Stoddard to this list, seeing as his diva behavior and high self worth got him fired from Y&R yesterday.

• Members

Yup.

Ironically, although Ehlers arrived at AMC with fanfare, her character turned out to be such a dud that she literally vanished after getting attacked by Annie in a ladies' restroom; while Martinez, an Iraq War veteran with no prior acting experience, won over the show's fans in a very short time and (IIRC) stayed with the show until the final ABC episode. 

Just shows to go ya that you have to be careful how you treat others, because karma WILL come back to bite you on your ass if you're not.

Edited by Khan

• Members

That's interesting!   I have Mary Stuart's book in paperback somewhere.  I'll have to reread it.   I do love me some Anthony George!   

Please register in order to view this content

I read back in the day that Mary Ellis Bunim was wanting to kill off Jo and Mary Stuart went above her head and was spared by P&G so Mary Ellis spitefully killed off Ann Williams because Ann and Mary Stuart were good friends.    Interesting!!

I always wondered what happened with Marie Cheatham!  A foolish move on the part of the higher ups!  I love Louise Shaffer but she was never Stephanie for me.   I wonder Marie would have stayed until the end of the show if she hadn't been fired......

Thanks for sharing!!

• Members

AMC should have just made BE, Hayley. They were going to but Kelly Ripa threw a fit. Sorry yu cant do that. You quit

They also considered her for Liza But decided a new role because according to BE herself she was told that Hayley and Liza were too tied to the canvas? What??? But then wasnt this Chuck Pratt AMC

Edited by John

• Members

She's a diva to people below her. Interns, production assistants she doesn't like...those kind of people. She's nice as pie to producers & her fellow actors. Susan can be prickly with directors if she doesn't agree or like their vision for the scene. I speak from experience. That is all. 

• Members

There ya go!

I wasn't ever a Kelly Ripa or Hayley fan, yet even I think recasting Hayley with BE would have been DISASTROUS.

No, I'm with @BetterForgotten.  BE had limited appeal away from GL.  She was better off remaining with that show until the end.

RE: Maree Cheatham at SFT.  I don't know whether she was a diva, but I do know she didn't get along with Philip Brown (ex-Steve Kendall), who played her love interest for awhile.  Of course, Brown was in the midst of a terrible drug addiction, which might have played a part.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Melody Thomas Scott is a diva behind the scenes. Whenever she has scenes with Eric Braeden or has to kiss him, she rolls her eyes and makes a huge deal about it. From my observations, her closest friend on set is/was Sharon Case. 

Eric Braeden isn't a diva...he just likes to get in and get out and he likes his scene partners to be prepared. No joking around or calling for lines when you're in a scene with him!

• Members

No, apparently she took Rape Training and then EMT training and is now functioning as an EMT. Her 2 boys are adults now. I believe they now live together in Manhattan. She did act in one show, 2010 Ehlers was announced to be in the cast of The SFN's television series River Ridge I think it was streaming.