Actors & Actresses who were Divas/Difficult on their soap sets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can't argue with her assessment of the writing.  However, it's the nature of the beast for directors to change everyday.  One person cannot direct every episode of a soap opera.  They'd be in the grave before the year is up.

• Members

I'm just saying!

I've always believed you can get away with being a diva (or divo) if you have the goods to back it up.

Conversely, a mediocre actor can get away a lot if he/she is humble and gracious with others.

• Members

She definitely didn't have it!  Jennifer Ferrin was a lot better than her in the role.  My only issue is I hated that whole era of SORASed characters.  Bryant, Jennifer, Lucy, Katie...all of those characters should've had an active and memorable existence as teens in Oakdale, similar to the way that Lily, Dusty and Meg had a strong teenage presence.  

Lol, Kim Onasch.  If IMDB is to be believed, Onasch works at a healthcare company.  It's for the best.

• Members

I loved HBS and Gregg Marx too on ATWT.   They were magic.  Sorry to see both of them leave the show.  

Does anyone remember anything about Donald May (Adam Drake - The Edge of Night) being difficult at the end of his "Edge" run and was fired?

It was big soap news in 1977.   I remember him being very vocal about not pairing up Adam and Nicole (Maeve McGuire) again.  He wanted

Adam to stay with Brandy Henderson (Dixie Carter).  I think Donald and Dixie were dating at the time.  I don't know if there were other issued

behind the scenes.   

Where there any divas on Search for Tomorrow, Love of Life or The Edge of Night?

Edited by EONGLOLTL

• Members

Oh God that woman. on The Towering Inferno, she and Steve McQueen didn;t want anyone to walk up on them during production. Paul Newman said he didn;t want to be surprised, but any other cast members and crew who wanted to talk to Paul he didn't mind at all. heard she was a DEMON on Mommie Dearest and Chinatown.

I'd beat that ass for doing that. you blow smoke in my face? no wonder Blake was an ass in the first 2 seasons....GP would have played himself. Most of that is true about LH. he apparently got DR fired, and she found out when a reporter asked her about being fired. she sued the show and CBSand won. VP...it was just a job for her.

I still don;t understand why she treated her like that.

• Members

Shhhh.  We're not supposed to talk about the Joan Crawford movie, or she'll get us.  With wire hangers.

But seriously.  Rutanya Alda, who played Joan's longtime, loyal assistant, Carol Ann, wrote all about Faye Dunaway's on-set antics several years ago, in "The Mommie Dearest Diary -- Carol Ann Tells All."

Apparently, everyone, including the film's producer and director, were afraid of the woman, and did whatever was necessary to stay out of her way, and her crosshairs.

• Members

SFT?  Hmmm. That’s a tough one. 

Mary Stuart is accused of being a diva many times, usually by producers and P&G execs, in her autobiography, BOTH OF ME. But was she?  Maybe.  Co-star Anthony George thought so at least once, according to her own book. 

Ann Williams allegedly told her kids that Mary got her fired from her role as Eunice due to Ann’s popularity. I don’t think Mary had that kind of power, though. Ann doesn’t receive a lot of mention in BOTH OF ME, however.  Mary was her son’s godmother, I believe.  (Mary apparently did get at least one male love interest fired.)

Marie Cheatham, according to entertainment writer Nelson Aspen (who worked behind the scenes and on-camera on SFT), trash-talked the writers one day and was gone the next, replaced by Louise Shaffer. It was not a good recast, especially of an actress who originated a role a decade earlier. It hurt the show and the character was killed off.  Wonder if firing Cheatham was the culmination of years of diva behavior?

Edited by antmunoz
Spelling

• Members

The GP stuff is on The True Life Story...Dynasty. Its on Youtube. They talk on how he wanted to control everything on the show and how he would hold up production. 

As for Larry Hagman...he only got along with Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. He and Victoria didn't get along and they hated each other. He treated Donna Reed like crap. 

Edited by Soapsuds