Actors & Actresses who were Divas/Difficult on their soap sets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Plus, I'll be honest, her diss against JR Martinez felt a little bit racist to me.  I mean, she'd worked with inexperienced actors before on GL, but she picked THAT time, at THAT show (AMC), with THAT particular actor to say something?

Edited by Khan

• Members

I love that JR Martinez got the last laugh and the audience took to his character, even if he was a novice. And I love how karma handled Beth Ehlers in that she hasn't really been heard from in the acting world since. Be a horrible beeyotch, and watch your career burn to the ground.

• Members

George Peppard who was cast as the original Blake on Dynasty was a major Diva. John James said when he walked up to introduce himself to Peppard, Peppard blew cigar smoke in his face and walked off. Just about everyone who has ever worked with him has nothing good to say about him. He made his sets his play ground and expected cast and crew to cater to his demands. The A-Team set was a nightmare and he got rid of Melinda Culea by season 2 and by the series end he and Mr. T. used a go between to communicate. 

There has been rumors of behind the scenes behavior on the Dallas set. They said you scored big if you were on team Larry Hagman. Hagman supposedly gave Donna Reed a hard time because he wanted Barbara Bel Geddes back. Dack Rambo also said Hagman was less than friendly to him for being bi-sexual. Victoria Principal also seems to be kind of an outcast with the main cast. She admitted that they all had a good work relationship, but she was never that close with them off set. She was closest with Jim Davis and Ken Kercheval. 

• Members

Well, Hagman himself was kind of a prick BTS at "I Dream at Jeannie," so none of that should come as a surprise.

Aside from her issues with Lee Godart and Sarah Michelle Gellar, as well as the incident where she threw a carton of yogurt at director Henry Kaplan, have there been any diva moments from Susan Lucci?

• Members

Coleen Zenk was also a diva at ATWT. Lots of stories there.

Any stories of Deidre Hall at Days ? Bill Bell said when she finished at Y&R in 1976 he sent her over to Days for the role of Marlena Evans. He said Dee never thanked him for it and ignored him over the years. 

Dorothy Green who played Jennifer Brooks on Y&R in the 70's had a chip on her shoulder about how her character and all the other older women were written. When Bill Bell killed her character off in 1977, she was very vocal in the press about it. 

Terry Lester was pissed about Lauralee Bell taking over the show and was very vocal about it. Jeanne Cooper said he burned a lot of bridges over the years with his attitude. 

Peter Bergman comes across as a diva. He hated the Vietnam wife/child story and the family was quickly written out. 

Victoria Rowell.