Actors & Actresses who were Divas/Difficult on their soap sets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, we know how that's why Lana Turner's stint on FALCON CREST got cut short.

It's true.  Just as it's true that one (Robert Foxworth, I think) had it put in his contract that he could direct episodes of the show after learning the other (Jane Wyman) had it in theirs.  (Or, do I have it the other way around, and it was Jane Wyman who had it put into her contract after Foxworth?  I can't remember which.)

To this day, I remain in awe not just of Barbara Stanwyck's talent, but her professionalism as well.  By all accounts, she was on a first-name basis with the crews on every one of her movies and TV shows; and never once did she suffer those who came unprepared.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It was Jane Wyman who demanded (and got) a director's salary every time Robert Foxworth got to direct an episode. That set must have been a ton of fun.

Please register in order to view this content

Agreed about Barbara Stanwyck. I know she was on The Colbys, but I wish she would have turned up on Dynasty for a scene with Linda Evans (who had played her daughter on The Big Valley).

• Members

She did.  However, her opinion of the show's quality never affected (AFAIK) how she treated its' cast or crew.  She just quit the first chance she got, lol.

What the [!@#$%^&*] does her sexuality have to do with anything!?  And why are YOU, of ALL people, making even a small deal out of it, when we know all about your relationship with Melissa Scardaville?

Just go fuq yourself, Donna.  Seriously.

Edited by Khan