Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought today's episode was a solid one (penned by Esser again) because it referenced history, especially in Traci's scene with Dina. It was bittersweet seeing her connect with her mother who didn't know who she was but who was talking about the Abbott kids with SO much tenderness. Then Traci asking her how she felt about being a mother (given that Dina left the family for John to raise them). And then when Dina asked her if she had children, Traci swallowed hard and mentioned Colleen. I thought that was a moving moment.

I can see where this may be going though....Jack being forced to hire Graham.as Dina's caregiver because he is the only one that can calm her down.

• Members

Is Graham poisoning Dina so that her dementia is artificially induced or exaggerated?  That's how I would undo this mess.  They are wasting Dina by making her have this illness.  All the gimmicky directing and cutesy opening scenes doesn't make up for lack of compelling new stories. Latham threw in some crisp episodes but the show was hollow and fell apart.  I'm still feeling that this is happening under Mal too.

• Members

I found the ending with Graham rather funny. He sounded like the Big Bad Wolf....let me in....let me in or I'll blow your house down......

Scott is the most boring, lame and annoying character on canvas. So many other actors that had more spunk than this actor and they are long gone.

• Members

The Traci/Dina scenes were the best part of Friday's episode.  I really felt for Traci when Dina asked her if she had any children and Traci started to talk about Colleen. 

Consequently, I ventured onto Lyndsy Fonseca's Twitter and discovered that she just had a baby!  Apparently she hasn't been acting for awhile...now that JT is back on Y&R, I wonder...

Please register in order to view this content

Anyway, yeah, I don't care about Cane and Lily, they can go to the backburner now.

As for Chancellor, over a year ago, I posted that I thought it'd be cool if Jill were CEO and CI became a female executive majority company, which makes it even more disappointing that CI now looks like "Bro Inc." with the likes of Cane, Billy and JT.  

Chancellor could've been really impactful (especially considering the times we are currently living in) and current had they made CI truly unique.

• Members

So I'm very critical of this show, so everyone feel free to bash me.  I'm an oldtimer from the 70's and 80's.  Have Lauren and Traci even been in a scene together on Traci's returns ever>>?  What the hell? 

And I'll add a line from Lauren when she was speaking to either Brad or someone where she said "Your very ample wife." Although it was better when I watched this week, people should know that Lauren and Traci = especially Lauren was a *ITCH, and when Traci is in town she never runs into Lauren???

Well then you love Marlena. On Days.  Beth Maitland is the one good thing on this show right now.  Have a seat.

• Members

I recall back when Katherine was believed dead (it was actually Marge) and several characters returned for the funeral. Traci was one of them and she shared a scene with Lauren where Lauren admitted and apologized to Traci for her awful antics in years past. Traci, of course, accepted the apology.Am I remembering correctly?

• Members

Except that Beth Maitland doesn’t loudly wail and sob in her portrayal as Judi Evans too often does. Those Traci and Dina scenes were great.

Shippee isn’t the actor the others are, but I still like the way he plays Graham. It’s a performance that’s kind of genteel yet insistent, and it’s believable that Dina would like him and listen to him. I think his demeanor makes the other characters seem a bit awkward, and that works for me, too.

Scott used to bore me. Now he also makes me gag, because he’s nothing but a scumbag. Where are the redeeming qualities? He’s scum. I really wish someone in GC would beat the crap out of him.

• Members

I just don't understand why the show clings to this couple because they've proven to be far more interesting apart than together. I've missed some episodes but how awful was it that Cane was all high and mighty and on a high and arrogant as Lily panted after him? Ugh.

With the way the UK soaps write women and gays as, IMO, mostly archaic, It's not surprising to me that MY is writing the women the way he is and the men the way he is.

I mean how vile and disgusting was Victor forcing Nikki to move back into the ranch? I needed a shower after those scenes.

• Members

It's ridiculous to think that Jack wouldn't have had Michael go to court to rescind any wills and POA's that Dina may have signed when she was diagnosed with Alzheimers.  He knew that once his mother was in Genoa City that those documents would prevail.

Archived