Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Every morning for the last year or so, the writers have woken up every day and turned the story in a completely different direction. They have never had a clue what to do with Graham. Fair enough, but now I wish they would drop the whole SL already and move on! Nobody will care.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DONE WITH LAST WEEK!!!

Thank you, Jack!!! All through that Friday episode, I wanted Jack to punch Graham so much for being a jerk. AND HE DID!!! 

So last week started strong with Sharon and ended strong with the Abbotts. 

I agree with others that that Dina/Traci was good. 

I felt MS did a good job with his scenes on Friday with the ED, PB, BM, and MA because like I said above he was really really asking for someone to hit him and putting Traci out of her own house? A special kind of slime that. And he played that well. 

Ugh to the Lame reunion. Double ugh that Cane keeps disrespecting Billy at every turn. Not what I had in mind for their rivalry. So it's off to a lame start and me Team Billy.

Sorry...while I don't like that Scott/Abby have been grouped AGAIN...I am liking that Abby is making him work for her. I just wish DH was a bit more into it. Because MO is giving good material at the moment.

ETA: So since I wasn't watching...Nikki/Victor on a honeymoon after that wedding?

Also...Mattie/Reed broke up off-screen?

• Members

The Reed stuff was good. I'm happy they brought home the point that drinking and driving is wrong.

I liked Maddie brushing Reed off.

The one homeless person in GC while a bit odd, drove home a good message about how rent prices are kicking people out of there home. I'm intrigued where Y&R is going with the activism giving that all their characters are rich.

I think in the end they just wanted to end that sex trafficking story as it wasn't working. Given how they've used history for small character parts (I.E. Lily talking to Charlie about Hilary being violated in those photos) in the past, I would like to think this one was intentional.

Also, didn't Nikki speak to Reed about his drinking lately? I'd rather see Nikki bond with his grandmother, rather than more airtime for Billy. Those scenes were more poignant. 

Archived