Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not enjoying the direction of Hilary right now. 

Gina is a good actress, but Phyllis lost her ways years ago. By the end of MS run, Phyllis was insufferable. 

Amelia Heinle isn't that bad, she's unfortunately gotten some very poor writing since her introduction. She gets hated on way too much when the writers have done her no favours.

• Members

She's a lazy lethargic actress. I totally agree that the writing for Victoria has sucked, up until she became an ice queen again but now she's bonking JT. But a better actor can turn [!@#$%^&*] into gold. Heather Tom would have owned the hell out of the garbage they gave Victoria. Although at this point she seems to be overacting at B&B so .... Heinle's not *bad* per say, but she's not Victoria and all these years later I still picture how Heather would play it. As I said, Heinle looks like she's sleepwalking through her scenes and looks bored out of her mind (who could blame her most of the time?) so I hold her responsible too.

• Members

Absolutely agree. She is so lethargic, and it is noticeable every day. She should be at a 7 or 8 on a This Is Spinal Tap volume knob, but she's barely at a 2. What a difference from her time on Loving! I loved her then. She is clearly just showing up for her cheque at this point. It boggles the mind how much TPTB feel Victoria is a 'popular' character.

• Members

I'm not upset by the writing for Hilary. It's better than what she's been doing for the past 2 years. And it's her own story instead of playing villain to the shows more golden ladies. Nothing at all wrong with hilary having a baby to provide a softer side to her character while maintaining her edge and ambition. If she was white, she'd have had a Newman anchor baby 4 years ago, i.e.  within the first year of being on the show. 

• Members

If there was an issue, TL wouldn't have returned. It's not like he's out of work or that JT was desperately needed on canvas. For all we know, the split was amicable. If it is a bitter situation and they were 'forced' to work together, then I take back 'most' of what I've said about AH's acting skills. 

• Members

I like that this week they're finally getting Noah involved in the Mariah/Tessa story. I'm not the biggest Noah fan but he was very much needed in this story, starting with Sharon's feelings towards Tessa.

Very much enjoyed the Lily and Hillary scenes. I actually wouldn't mind the show moving them closer to regularly cordial. I would never make them friends though.

Enjoyed the Abbott story. Was not expecting that last moment with Ashley at all but I guess it was to be expected. Still Team Jack on this though.

• Members

The dialogue is spades better. More organic, more fluid, and more surprising.

I will agree with you guys that Amelia Heinle is low energy. I do also think she needs to take a backseat.

The Noah/Victoria, Noah/Mariah and Hillary/Lily scenes were great. I actually really like Noah, and I think the actor is decent. I don't need another typical soap hunk, I think he's cute enough. But I'd also take Thad Luckinbell over some of the other studs out there too.

Poor Ashley, but ED totally sold it all today. She should have punched out Phyllis today.

One thing this regime has done well is keeping Gloria in very small comedic doses. Judith Chapman is more tolerable this way.

Archived