Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Robert Adamson isn't a bad actor. He's essentially an evolution of Kevin Schmidt's softhearted Noah.

Other than a few extremely afterthought relationships he's just never been given anything to really work with. He could & should be much more involved in SO many stories on the canvas.

But this is current Y&R where Billy & JT are suddenly BFF's, Traci has barely any interaction with her mother and Paul acts like he hasn't known Nikki & Victor 40 years.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phyllis's blouse today was ugly. Yikes. Is that a thing now? These tops with these ungainly ropes and tassels hanging off willy-nilly? Kate on DAYS was wearing something equally as distracting recently.

I think the show is much more compelling on a day-to-day basis, the dialogue and performances are uniformly stronger, and we're beginning to get at least some character development, but there is still no momentum from week to week. I don't get the feeling of something coming together, of a vision forming, and there's still a lot of WTFery like Paul's behavior and the Graham story ending with a thud.

Robert Adamson is fine. Soaps need guys like him. But it's lame that he's just being dropped in this story today. Soaps have the advantage of five-days-a-week storytelling, and they are only now developing the Tessa/Noah/Mariah dynamic when we get endless scenes of Nick/Chelsea domesticity? 

• Members

I’m all for seeing Noah every day if it gets Tessa out of town sooner. I do think he had a lot of guts confronting Mariah and saying she doesn’t trust him. Pot, meet kettle.

The Lily and Hilary scenes were good stuff, although Lily should move the baby’s stroller away from the front door. See,s like child abuse during the winter.

i don’t agree that Amelia Heinle is lethargic and low energy, or that she’s just cashing a paycheck. I do think she’s on too much, but I like her as Victoria.

I’m on Team Ashley. Jack is insufferable and I hope he wrecks Jabot again.

• Members

I don't think Tessa is going anywhere. The only point of Devon buying GC Buzz is so Tessa and Mariah will be forced to work together. 

I used to like Amelia in the Victoria role. But that was before the show turned Victoria into an ice princess to play a specific dynamic for the Billy/Vikki romance. Now she talks in a whisper and rarely shows any strong emotion. 

• Members

I know this will never happen but Ashley should really be running her own independent lab, then she could hire her own people and have the freedom to contract with any company of her choosing (Chancellor Newman, etc). 

She could share in proprietary rights or sell completely, depending on the contract.

Not every company does everything in-house and also, it's a soap.

• Members

Are we in an alternate universe here? Nikki being instantly OK with Ashley at Newman? Has Nikki been brainwashed because she surely has forgotten Victoria, Jack, 'stealing' Faith, using the turkey baster. Maybe she secretly wants Vash to happen so she can be free? 

Weird how Ashley was going to force the non-compete on the employee she sexually harassed, but there's no non-compete for her. Right....  

Archived