Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seriously? Please come up with some better shade.

Y&R ratings are still WAY above the other soaps’ ratings, so snarking about cancellation is ridiculous.

Nothing can make me feel anything for her. My favorite part of the episode was Noah reading her for filth.

Why is she set up in Devon’s office anyway? Pathetic.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto! And it's nice not only actually to see Noah but see Noah with a purpose. The storyline was sorely missing him, and now that he's back, it at least makes more sense. Tension with his mom, tension with Mariah. 

• Members

Agreed. They were the standout scenes of the episode. And I say this as a committed non-fan of AH. Ashley joining NE (and taking over B&S) is breathing life into the business SL. I suspect this is only to tide things over during Ordway's maternity leave, but I prefer this rivalry. Victoria has always been insanely jealous/hateful of Ash and there is decades of history there. 

I love having JT back (wish he'd shave that peach fuzz off his chin though). And incredibly TL is the first guy in years with whom AH has chemistry. But their relationship happened SO fast. Literally overnight! I wish they'd taken a little more time to show them slowly reconnecting.  

• Members

And then today they had Nick approach Sharon about Adam. We've literally had years of Sharon and Adam not being acknowledged at all. As I said previously, I wasn't a Shadam fan but it is nice to see a big part of Sharon's life in the last 15 years, not be ignored.

While I believe Ashley leaving Jabot because she lost the fight that she made ugly to begin with is petty, I will say moving over to Newman is great story wise and today's scenes were very good. The tension between Victoria and Ashley was perfect.

• Members

Now JT has mentioned Colleen one too many times for it to be just a line and that nothing comes of it.  If they were to 'resurrect' that character, I know exactly how I'd write that one. 

Please register in order to view this content

It could be promising to see Ashley and Victoria mix it up, then add Abby to the mix later on.

In the back of my mind though, I can't help but wonder how long before we're thrust into another proxy battle between Jack and Victor, they have a way of having those two take over storylines.

Is it just me or are those P*ussybows on Victoria's blouses getting bigger?

I wonder whether this is an end to GC Buzz?  Will Hilary sell to the highest bidder, only to discover that they will 'strip' the show for parts?  Or are they linking Devon and Hilary up via HWG acquiring GC Buzz? 

Archived