Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If people outside of CBS want Moonves to go, there's only one thing to do: boycott.

Boycott the hell out of everything that has anything to do with CBS, or with Paramount.  If enough can organize a strong enough boycott, then I truly believe the board will eventually have no choice but to force him to go.  Even if it means Moonves gets to leave with a "golden parachute," and they label it as a "mutual decision," it's better than keeping business as usual.  (Seriously, I, for one, will accept that trade-off.  I mean, I'd rather him go to jail and/or end up penniless, but I realize that that's not being realistic.)

As they say, money talks; and in the end, CBS' audiences for its movies and TV series are where their money is.

Edited by Khan

• Members

IA.  I wouldn't encourage any current CBS employees to speak on this matter.  It's not worth potentially losing their jobs.  If anything, it gives Moonves and his supporters a "win," which I don't want them to have.

In case you couldn't tell, this latest scandal pisses me off on a deeper level than even Weinstein's long-deserved fall from grace.  For years, I had respected Moonves for his business acumen, because I felt that he, more than any other network exec, seemed to know what made for good TV.  (He also seemed more willing to hire women in key decision-making positions.  Of course, given everything that's come to light, who the hell knows how much those women had to degrade themselves just to get those jobs.)  TBH, I didn't even get that upset when he declared that "Trump is bad for America, but great for CBS" and that "soaps have had a long run, but their days are over," because, deep down, I knew that he was right.

Fleetwood Mac was right: heroes are hard to find.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Ronan Farrow stated that this accuser was not included in his article.

Also, CBS stock continues to drop.  Perhaps Moonves' place  at the network is not as fixed as people think.  Still, bad optics at CBS to not so much as suspend him while they investigate.  

It seems as if people may be relying on Shari Redstone to be the one that takes over and ends up displacing Moonves when/if she rejoins CBS to Viacom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Being familiar with both Argento and Bennett, I sadly can't say I'm surprised.

I absolutely believe she was raped by Weinstein. I also absolutely believe she took the kid to bed years after working with him on her film (which, it must be said, had a lot of its own darkness), which she should not have done. I also absolutely believe she then paid him off to hide it, which she should not have done. It is statutory rape at the very best and longtime grooming at worst.

Jimmy Bennett is a former child star who is hard up and has been for awhile with an allegedly shady life these days. That being said: What he felt or didn't feel, then or now,  whether it's a cash grab or not - I don't know, and it's not really relevant if the facts in evidence are real and true, and I believe they are. The (alleged, seen by the Times?) paper trail wouldn't seem to leave any doubt. What Argento did was wrong, and as a woman who dealt with a lot growing up herself, who was a child star herself in Italy and was exploited on and off-camera, she should've known better than to take advantage of another vulnerable young person.

Edited by Vee