Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think it's a shot at him -- I think she's being playful. And he is being sincere in his statement. A few weeks back (on her timeline) he said something similar and she tweeted him back super-friendly. I don't think she meant anything damning towards him.

• Members

"Odd" doesn't even BEGIN to describe this, Carl.

I'm not surprised he gets to leave with a "golden parachute" for being such a repugnant bastard...but that doesn't mean I'm not outraged by it all.  I mean, he got to remain as CEO while the investigations were underway, which was bad enough.  But, even now, with the heat still turned on, he'll get to leave -- not in handcuffs, not in total disgrace, as it should be -- but with a $100 million payout?  And they're actually debating whether that number should be HIGHER?  Are these people [!@#$%^&*] kidding?

If you are truly remorseful for your inappropriate behaviors toward these women, Les, and for the effects they have had on their careers and lives, then, at the VERY least, you should opt to step down, with NO payouts.  Better yet, take the money and give it all away to charitable organization that benefit women's causes.  It's not like you NEED the cash anyway.

• Members

An 'internal investigation' which gives him a $100mn golden parachute and absolves all the other CBS execs of any knowledge or wrong-doing! "We had no clue this was going on blah blah." 

Please register in order to view this content

This is institutionalised sexual harassment and assault, everybody. They all knew, they set up the system that way to benefit them and their coercing women into sexual favors. They covered for him, and for themselves. The assistants knew and covered, the junior execs knew and covered, the legal departments printing off NDA after NDA all knew too. This is exactly the same set-up as Harvey Weinstein -- and on a similar scale.

• Members

And you know she will, lol.

(Not that I'm empathizing w/ Julie, because I'm not.  Even if, IMO, it would serve him right to be hauled into divorce court.  But she hitched her wagon to his for a reason; and chances are, she, like Melania (and Ivana and Marla) and Camille Cosby and Georgina Chapman before her, knew what kind of man he was long before now.)

IKR?  And folks wanna burn their Nike merchandise because the company chose Colin to be its' spokesman?  Lord, where is thy light?

Edited by Khan

• Members

This world's priorities are so screwed up right now.

Please register in order to view this content

People be frothing in delight at seeing little Latino children in cages in the blazing Texas desert ("That'll teach em!") -- but boo-hooing about gun owners not allowed to put silencers on military-grade assault rifles.

Keep fighting the good fight, Colin! Freedom of THOUGHT is what it is all about!

Edited by Cat