Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For all the backlash the #MeToo movement has gotten, especially since Asia Argento weaved her sick web, there is still something so powerful about these women seeing this movement and finding the inner strength to speak up in a way they never had before. This woman in her 80s (I wonder if she is related to Linda Gottlieb...), retired, run out of the industry, taking the risk of going to the police, then the press - it's so brave. 

• Members

It's appalling.  Even she was told not to pursue it because he had more money for lawyers than UCLA.  I'm so angry for these women, for you and Chit and everyone who has had their careers tampered with or destroyed by these awful men.  How many more powerful men have gotten away with the predatory behavior for decades.

And while I do not feel sorry for Julie Chen and I think she has been a bad actor in all this, if she leaves him, she better watch her back.  I wish her no harm, but this is the kind of guy that will turn on you in a heartbeat.

• Members

I cant believe all this breaking news I missed overnight! I mean, I wish he was going on trial, but at least there is a chance (a small one) that he won't get that $100mn payoff.

He is really a pig. That New Yorker article made me sick. And the one involving his doctor too. LM had zero curbs on his power and was literally above the law. Those women who reported him were so brave, even though it cost them their careers and livelihood.

Julie Chen won't be on The Talk today? Oy. Why not? She should face the music too or step down.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I thought Sharon Osbourne's statement was probably as blunt as it could be in their impossible situation - and very candid that they might all get canned.

TMZ has some of the video but I hate them so I'm not linking it, though I did watch it. This is a rundown. Apologies - I didn't realize the above link had more as well:

Edited by Vee