Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have no sympathy for Julie Chen.  She knows what he is and if she doesn't, she's as dumb as dirt. But she does, clearly.

I hope Leslie is prosecuted (but I doubt it). Maybe we can hope these women sue him for everything he has.  What a relentless pig. There are obviously even more women who could come forward, since it was mentioned that several massage therapists complained to their boss about him.  Lord knows how many victims he has. Hopefully, more will come forward and sure the f*ck out of him.

• Members

Damn. The corruption is so intertwined.

The board appointed two law firms, Covington & Burling and Debevoise & Plimpton, to investigate the allegations against Moonves. A number of individuals whom the firms have asked to interview said that they were concerned about their independence, given the large amount of legal work they do for CBS. “If you knew how much money these firms were making from the mergers and acquisitions and the business side of CBS, there’s no way you’d think they’re impartial,” one former executive who occupied senior positions on the CBS and Viacom legal teams told me. (Representatives for both law firms declined to comment.)

• Members

It comes as absolutely no surprise that more women came forward with even more disturbing allegations.  After the first article, I expected as much because it was the same thing with Weinstein.  

Even have anticipating this, reading the article, I found myself vacillating between rage, sadness and searching my own experiences to see how some of the odd interviews and weird work climates that I've experience rate on the predator spectrum.  I've experienced having suggestive comments lobbed my way (a suggestion of a massage request, which rendered me totally speechless) and inappropriate behavior, nothing that these women have experienced.  Just reading their accounts made me feel attacked (I know people use this phrase jokingly but this is truly the way I felt while reading this, at certain points).

Moonves cannot leave soon enough and he certainly should not be compensated for his egregious, disgusting behavior.

These women (and no doubt, countless unnamed others) will need help to be made whole.  Regardless of their ages, regardless of statutes of limitations, I hope someone will help these women be made whole again.

• Members

Me neither.  I had to Google it, and he looks almost nothing like he did when he was on DAYS.

I believe Olivia Munn did the right thing, too.

+1.

Sho nuff!

(Too bad Julie won't be there, though.)

Same.

Edited by Khan