Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Camille had nothing else. The question is whether Julie tries to salvage what she has, or just stays with Les for security. 

I know there's talk that Big Brother might be canceled after this season, as the ratings, while still decent for summer filler, have slipped. And now with this. If it happens then the only show she has left will be a format that will cruelly expose her. 

• Members

Julie does not need Les for security.  Her net worth is about $50 million so she's good.  He's insanely wealthy and still has a job, so Julie will stick with him.  It's not like these allegations are new to her and she knows he's a philandering pig first hand.  

There's Julie's wealth and then there's Les' wealth, which brings a level of security and power some folks only dream about.    

• Members

TELL IT, VICTORIA!!!!! 

That said...since he sounds like the kind of guy that...whether Julie has money or not...would come after her until she is dead in the grave...I see Julie staying. For better or worse.

That also said...reading this thread...I CANNOT believe CBS and the length/tapdancing they are trying to do to basically keep him if not employed then money in his pocket...just disgusting that they are THAT disconnected. 

• Members

Do people think that Moonves was living paycheck to paycheck?  The man was getting like $60 million a year under contract. 

Even if he doesn't see a dime of the $100 million financial package, he's STILL GOT MONEY, y'all!

Not to mention stocks, bonds, annuities, RothIRA moneymarket account, property and savings, onshore and likely offshore accounts.

He and Julie are obscenely wealthy.

Meanwhile, the maintenance staff, low-level production staff, make a tiny fraction of what even the least useful executive at CBS makes.

I am slightly intrigued about the fate of these shows (neither of which I actually watch) but honestly, I could give a toss about where and how Moonves and Chen land. They won't be poor.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the longer she stays at CBS, the more toxic her presence will become.  Viewers (well, ENLIGHTENED viewers, anyway) will not tolerate on their screens a woman who chose to stand by her pig of a husband -- especially when it's no secret she only GOT the jobs because of him.  Either she cuts him loose and keeps her gigs at the network, or she gets the hell outta Dodge.  It's that simple.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Going back to the 2004 Super Bowl, I always thought it was unfair how Janet Jackson's career never recovered while Justin Timberlake got off scot free.

Ponder this: Suppose the halftime show that year had 50 Cent exposing Britney Spears. Do you think he would've gotten away with it and her career would've been ruined?

• Members

I don't know how Chen can come back after what her Talk cohorts said yesterday. Sharon Osbourne's words were especially blunt about Moonves, even though she seemed to be quaking with fear. And if i knew my evil boss was still going to be around CBS in an 'advisory position' (that could mean nothing, or it could mean he's still helping to run the network), I'd be scared too!

Even if Chen leaves him, it's all too humiliating for her. And every time people look at her, now more than ever, they know how she got those gigs, and maybe speculating what she had to do to get her start in this business (given what we know of Moonves M.O.).

The attitude of CBS in terms of paying him off and trying to keep him around is shocking... until you realise all those execs are probably abusing their positions like Moonves did. The example is set by him, and by most people of power in Hollywood. This is their 'playground.' So by covering for him and protecting his assets and benefits, they are protecting their own. I don't expect this internal investigation to reveal anything new except the narrative that 'Moonves alone did this and nobody here knew anything, we are so shocked, etc.'

Edited by Cat