Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

But on the opposite end so many of you entertained the idea that it could be Angela Lansbury.  There is no way in hell that's the case.  He married a woman 20 years younger than himself.  He's the type of guy (like Trump) who thinks women over 30 are past it, I promise you.   Maybe it says something bad about me that I believe that, but I prefer to think it says something of my very low opinion of Les.

As for Tyne Daly, Les is also the kind of guy who has a "no fat chicks" bumper sticker on his dick.  The one positive aspect of being a little larger than average is it tends to stop a large number of these jerks from bothering you (But not all! Oh no, no woman is that lucky). If it's not obvious, I speak from experience. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Other people (like Josef Adalian from NY Mag) are saying that they know it isn’t Lansbury. That “blind item” can be interpreted a number of ways, and it’s easy to make assumptions about the semantics and how it’s worded. Until someone comes out and says, “It was me,” I’m just going take a wait-and-see attitude. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I've decided to no longer speculate about the identity of the actress because I feel as if there are details that may not be completely accurate, either through confusion as the story has been passed along over decades or deliberately so as to conceal the identity of the actress.

Either way, I feel as though this narrative is very convoluted, either deliberately or in the gradual retelling over several years.

So according to the NYT article: Threats and Deception, Moonves informed legal counsel looking into the allegations on behalf of the board that there "might have been a few incidents before he came to CBS."  Well, Phyllis Golden-Gottlieb was from Lorimar.  I wonder how many other "incidents" happened while he was there?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It doesn't surprise me one bit to know he tried to buy the woman's silence with a job offer.  Anything to keep their mouths shut, right, Les?

Please register in order to view this content

You know, the more I read about this mess, the more it reminds me of the late James Aubrey, a.k.a. "The Smiling Cobra," who once ran CBS (and MGM), and was just as predatory toward females as Moonves has been.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The saddest part of the threatening text is that Jericka Duncan is much more likely to have her career hurt longterm by this than Fager is. She is a very brave person for coming forward the way she did. I shouldn't be surprised that someone in such a position would make those types of threats, but I am. No wonder CBS News has fallen on such hard times. 

So the CBS board was more upset about being lied to than about what Moonves did. I saw that Bill Cohen was involved - given his ties to the Clintons, turning a blind eye is clearly nothing new to him. Moonves trying to get one of his blackmailers a job at CBS when so many eyes were on him was the height of hubris. What a fool. Yet a richer fool than any of us will ever be...

• Members

The real jaw dropper is that these men did not care if 30 or more women came forward...their problem was that Les put them in an unfavorable position by offering the woman a job in the company to keep quiet.  Les can deny til the cows come home, but bribery only helps the accuser and this is what pissed off the board.  Les was making them loads of money and kept CBS on top so who cares if women were not comfortable in the work place?  Let's get mad because the perv was dumb enough to make a deal.

Their fake outrage is for the dogs.