Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would absolutely agree with you about Moonves preferred type  -- except that if he kissed Angela Lansbury (or whoever it was) after cancelling her show, it wasn't a sudden act of attraction. It was a demonstration of power and HIS disdain of HER. He'd cancelled her show. Now she was only fit to get on her knees and service him. THAT was the message he wanted to give.

Right. And compound it with the fact that a WOMAN, Shari Redstone, has a controlling interest on the board, and the men defending Moonves at all costs couldn't stand the idea of being bossed around by 'that woman.' By any woman! They weren't going to let 30 or 300 chicks dislodge 'their' guy Les from the CEO position!

It's sickening, and imo CBS needs to do a full clean-out.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Probably. I think DD is right and we won't know unless the person comes forward.  As for it being AL, I doubt it.  Harassment is about power, but it's often about having sexual power over women these guys find attractive. If not, why aren't they doing it to men at the same rate? That said, I put nothing past these guys on a power trip.

• Members

^ I hear you. I'd guess she assumed.  My last word on the topic is I find it really hard to imagine AL crying over what LM said to whoever this was. 

This is something I was thinking last night about how far reaching LM's power was over our culture generally. 

I couldn't agree more that CBS needs an huge overhaul.  I'm so thankful that network influence is fading.  I'm a big believer in the power of services like Netflix to open doors for more women and POC.