Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Juliajms said:

But on the opposite end so many of you entertained the idea that it could be Angela Lansbury.  There is no way in hell that's the case.  He married a woman 20 years younger than himself.  He's the type of guy (like Trump) who thinks women over 30 are past it, I promise you.   Maybe it says something bad about me that I believe that, but I prefer to think it says something of my very low opinion of Les.

As for Tyne Daly, Les is also the kind of guy who has a "no fat chicks" bumper sticker on his dick.  The one positive aspect of being a little larger than average is it tends to stop a large number of these jerks from bothering you (But not all! Oh no, no woman is that lucky). If it's not obvious, I speak from experience. 

I would absolutely agree with you about Moonves preferred type  -- except that if he kissed Angela Lansbury (or whoever it was) after cancelling her show, it wasn't a sudden act of attraction. It was a demonstration of power and HIS disdain of HER. He'd cancelled her show. Now she was only fit to get on her knees and service him. THAT was the message he wanted to give.

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

The real jaw dropper is that these men did not care if 30 or more women came forward...their problem was that Les put them in an unfavorable position by offering the woman a job in the company to keep quiet.  Les can deny til the cows come home, but bribery only helps the accuser and this is what pissed off the board.  Les was making them loads of money and kept CBS on top so who cares if women were not comfortable in the work place?  Let's get mad because the perv was dumb enough to make a deal.

Their fake outrage is for the dogs.    

Right. And compound it with the fact that a WOMAN, Shari Redstone, has a controlling interest on the board, and the men defending Moonves at all costs couldn't stand the idea of being bossed around by 'that woman.' By any woman! They weren't going to let 30 or 300 chicks dislodge 'their' guy Les from the CEO position!

It's sickening, and imo CBS needs to do a full clean-out.

Edited by Cat
4 minutes ago, Cat said:

I would absolutely agree with you -- except that if he kissed Angela Lansbury (or whoever it was) after cancelling her show, it wasn't a sudden act of attraction. It was a demonstration of power and HIS disdain of HER. He'd cancelled her show. Now she was only fit to get on her knees and service him. THAT was the message he wanted to give.

Bingo! That was about power and humiliation!  

5 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Bingo! That was about power and humiliation!  

Isn't that always the case with sexual harrassment?

It's not about attraction, but power. Just like rape isn't about sex, it's also about power.

4 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

The real jaw dropper is that these men did not care if 30 or more women came forward...their problem was that Les put them in an unfavorable position by offering the woman a job in the company to keep quiet.  Les can deny til the cows come home, but bribery only helps the accuser and this is what pissed off the board.  Les was making them loads of money and kept CBS on top so who cares if women were not comfortable in the work place?  Let's get mad because the perv was dumb enough to make a deal.

Their fake outrage is for the dogs.    

Many of these men were also board appointees that were installed by Moonves himself.

16 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Maybe she’s just speculating like the rest of us.

Probably. I think DD is right and we won't know unless the person comes forward.  As for it being AL, I doubt it.  Harassment is about power, but it's often about having sexual power over women these guys find attractive. If not, why aren't they doing it to men at the same rate? That said, I put nothing past these guys on a power trip.

2 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Probably. I think DD is right and we won't know unless the person comes forward.  As for it being AL, I doubt it.  Harassment is about power, but it's often about having sexual power over women these guys find attractive. If not, why aren't they doing it to men at the same rate? That said, I put nothing past these guys on a power trip.

It’s one thing for us to try to piece together who the person is, but it’s actually quite irresponsible for actual journalists to be speculating about this on social media. 

33 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

It’s one thing for us to try to piece together who the person is, but it’s actually quite irresponsible for actual journalists to be speculating about this on social media. 

Oh, I agree it's completely different.  I just meant I agree with DD that we probably don't have all the info.

4 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Oh, I agree it's completely different.  I just meant I agree with DD that we probably don't have all the info.

Oh no there’s no question we don’t have all the info. But it’s so easy for someone to stumble upon Lynette Rice’s tweet and believe she knows something she doesn’t. Just using this opportunity to rail against the state of journalism in 2018, that’s all lol.

^ I hear you. I'd guess she assumed.  My last word on the topic is I find it really hard to imagine AL crying over what LM said to whoever this was. 

This is something I was thinking last night about how far reaching LM's power was over our culture generally. 

I couldn't agree more that CBS needs an huge overhaul.  I'm so thankful that network influence is fading.  I'm a big believer in the power of services like Netflix to open doors for more women and POC.

11 minutes ago, Vee said:

Fúck her.

Wow. A disgusting slap in the face to the women her husband victimized.

Edited by Faulkner